Could Nikon be shutting down?

Does it really matter one way or another? If they do someone else will fill the gap, if they don't nobody will need to fill the gap. Regardless, I've got what I want.

I think everyone will abandon all cameras for their cell phones at some point.

If that's true, then photography will be no more. I'd certainly give it up, because I'm not going to take pictures with a flipping phone. Phones suck, no dedicated controls, no viewfinder, no grip, tiny sensors and everyone has one. Who would pay multi thousands of dollars to shoot a wedding with a dang iPhone?

In my opinion of course...
What if phones (of the future) would have the same image quality and controls that DSLR/mirrorless cameras have? What if they could be linked to flashes/strobes? What if you could take, and edit, raw images right on your phone? These very well could be a possibility, depending on a number of factors.

Don't discount an entire, evolving industry. We don't know what the future holds. :smile:

I'm pretty sure this wont fit in your pocket. Unless in the future we wear extremely baggy clothes.

View attachment 121714

hard_drive.jpg

ETA: I saw this online somewhere. Regardless of whether or not such a meme is accurate with respect to specific numbers/dates, it is accurate in that technology has come a very long way.

I'm pretty sure this wont fit in your pocket. Unless in the future we wear extremely baggy clothes.

View attachment 121714

I've seen enough James Bond films to know in the future we'll all be wearing skin tight jumpsuits of some sort. Which means in the future I'll be doing all my shopping online, I see enough fashion atrocities at Walmart now, can't even imagine what it will be like in the future... yikes.

View attachment 121714

I've seen enough James Bond films to know in the future we'll all be wearing skin tight jumpsuits of some sort. Which means in the future I'll be doing all my shopping online, I see enough fashion atrocities at Walmart now, can't even imagine what it will be like in the future... yikes.

Maybe we just all walk around nude in the future.

If that's true, then photography will be no more. I'd certainly give it up, because I'm not going to take pictures with a flipping phone. Phones suck, no dedicated controls, no viewfinder, no grip, tiny sensors and everyone has one. Who would pay multi thousands of dollars to shoot a wedding with a dang iPhone?

Don't overthink this stuff, it will drive you crazy. My common sense tells me that a camera company that bounces back and forth as #1 or #2 probably is not going out of business any time soon. But hey, what do I know? Trump is still around.

What if phones (of the future) would have the same image quality and controls that DSLR/mirrorless cameras have? What if they could be linked to flashes/strobes? What if you could take, and edit, raw images right on your phone? These very well could be a possibility, depending on a number of factors.

Don't discount an entire, evolving industry. We don't know what the future holds. :smile:
I was going to respond similarly. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but phones don't suck, they do have a grip :) , some have controls, some weddings are being shot with them to some degree etc. etc.

I was going to respond similarly. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but phones don't suck, they do have a grip :) , some have controls, some weddings are being shot with them to some degree etc. etc.
Very true! Isn't there an article out every few months about a couple that took their own wedding photos, or someone doing professional portraits with an iPhone? Instead of getting a photographer, my wife's one cousin had people take photos with their cell phones during her wedding and then asked everyone to upload them to Facebook.

I have an app that allows me to change almost every aspect of the photo that I can with my DSLR. I can have a different focus spot than my exposure spot, I can change the white balance, "shutter" speed, not to mention do slight edits and share right from my phone. I can even do "HDR". All at the tap of a finger.

There is definitely a long way to go regarding quality, lighting, focal lengths, etc, but the features are pretty darn good nowadays in cell phones.

View attachment 121714

Yes, even cars that turn into sub ... we're getting closer to that now.
Huawei P9 vs. Galaxy S7: Even a Leica Can't Beat Samsung

I know quite a few peeps who have switched from phones to DSLR or a mirrorless systems.One lady friend I know went from a phone to a Canon 5DIII and another to a Nikon D3200. I know one guy who sticks with shooting a iPad getting some remarkable shots. There is room and a market for all off it.

This get my vote for most stupid thread of the year, but I think you probably have the top 10 most pointless threads

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I heard a rumor that Nikon is buying Leica because they want the patent for the little red circle plate with the name in it.

Wouldn't it be easier just to put a phone in a camera? Or a sensor behind your eyes? We already have the auto focusing and exposure, so it should be easy . . . The big question is where to put the back focus button.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back