Nikon N65

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I just got a chance to buy a N65 ... All of my lenses are Nikon and have been bought in the last two years. It shouldn't tear up my lenses, and they should work okay with this camera, yes?

The owner gave to me the camera to test-drive with a roll of ISO 800 and a Quantaray 28-90 lens, but the thing doesn't auto-focus .. Hmmm. Batteries seem okay, show up with a "full" indicator on the LCD, but they may be old.

I'm thinking I'll offer $50 for the body, $75 with the lens?

Your DX glass will vignette probably pretty bad but will work.You can find some clean N80 for around that price range perhaps a tad more and far better camera In everyway. I use to have one,I considered it a poor mans F100.IMO I would pass on it the N65.

Last edited:
Ebay has N65 bodies for $30. If your recently purchased lenses are DX lenses then they won't cover the entire frame. If they are G lenses you won't be able to adjust aperture so they won't work at all. Personally I would pass and find a used D80 or some other digital Nikon. There are good reasons that 35mm film cameras are obsolete.

Ebay has N65 bodies for $30. If your recently purchased lenses are DX lenses then they won't cover the entire frame. If they are G lenses you won't be able to adjust aperture so they won't work at all. Personally I would pass and find a used D80 or some other digital Nikon. There are good reasons that 35mm film cameras are obsolete.
Really? Have you ever processed film besides at Walmart?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thousands of rolls. Mostly Ektachrome. Why do you ask?

Because you said film cameras are obsolete.

Because you said film cameras are obsolete.

All you have to do is consider how many film cameras are being produced today vs. digital. Just look at the options for film availability today. Film cameras are obsolete. No doubt about that. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy them and use them.

I did for 50 years. I used 4X5, 6X4.5, 6x6, 6X7, 35mm. I've owned and used cameras made by Nikon, Leica, Hasselblad, Zeiss, Rollei, Mamiya, even Graflex (a long time ago) and you can see the excellent Cambo Legend view camera in my little self portrait above taken with a polaroid film back on a Mamiya 6X7 SLR. I have a lot of experience with film photography.

You obviously do not understand the word obsolete. It means no longer made or used... wrong, film cameras are still being produced as well as film. Film is still a viable art medium, still widely used. Not an opinion, fact.

My local Camera shop still has enough film shooters to develop film however my local pharmacy seems to have stopped selling any film.The last time I seen a few rolls of fuji hanging off the peg that was normally between $3.00 - $5.00 a roll was like $9.00 There still quite a few film shooters around and some prefer it over digital.

Since when have film cameras obsolete? Nothing obsolete about my Leica's

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've had an N60 sitting unused since 2000. Just sayin'...

Nothing obsolete about my Leica's

Certainly not if they are digital Leicas. I used Leicas back in the film days myself. Truly wonderful cameras. I had a love affair with my M6.
And not if they are film Leicas

You obviously do not understand the word obsolete. It means no longer made or used... wrong, film cameras are still being produced as well as film. Film is still a viable art medium, still widely used. Not an opinion, fact.
Film Cameras | Buy Film Camera | Nikon

one, or actually two, reasons Nikon has decided to close their doors and stop everything all together according to the rumors. LOL

I sold my N80 years ago on TPF. Never used it much.

According to this it should work with modern AF-S G lenses, though it's a chart from Rockwell
==> Nikon Lens Compatibility

actually review of it, if you consider Rockwell a reviewer vs a fable maker ==> Nikon N65 F65 test review © 2004 KenRockwell.com

Nothing obsolete about my Leica's

Certainly not if they are digital Leicas. I used Leicas back in the film days myself. Truly wonderful cameras. I had a love affair with my M6.
And not if they are film Leicas

There are companies that still make and sell cassette decks and cassette tapes. Nevertheless they represent an obsolete technology.

Most reactions

Back