Could Nikon be shutting down?

Wouldn't it be easier just to put a phone in a camera? Or a sensor behind your eyes? We already have the auto focusing and exposure, so it should be easy . . . The big question is where to put the back focus button.

Well I'd tell you where to mount that button but then before you know it HR will be breaking down my door and hauling me off to sensitivity training.. again...

This get my vote for most stupid thread of the year, but I think you probably have the top 10 most pointless threads

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well at least I'm in top 10 of something! I'm happy with that.

The photo industry in general is in decline. Many former photographers' clients are now doing their own work thanks to camera automation. Cell phones are replacing point and shoot cameras. Prices are higher than all but serious amateurs and pros want to spend. I think it is just a new normal for camera manufacturers. I don't see evidence that Nikon or any other manufacturer is closing shop.

The market always changes and everyone knew that the digital market wasn't going to keep on increasing - only a fool would think that DSLRs would continue to sell at high speed to the market. Of course now that the market opened up it will trail off; this means companies will have to adjsut their structure a little; some will have to cut some departments or downsize or seek out new markets - but otherwise they are very healthy at present. Billions in revenue a year is not a company in risk in this present climate - unless they are still using economists who believe that companies must make increased revenue year on year

Gross profit of 2.96 billon in 2015. My God, you think somebody would have shut the doors over there by now. Why even bother running a business that's making such chump change?

Gross profit does not include all expenses, so they are making less than that. However, I'm sure they're still pretty healthy financially and won't be going anywhere.

Doesn't Nikon make a lot of other products beside cameras? Optics and what not for gun sights and medical devices. Not sure what my point is.

This whole thread is silly fear-mongering intended to rile up anyone who has an emotional investment in their brand.

It's the same thing as any post that says "PHONES WILL REPLACE DSLRS!".

Didn't Samsung stop making their NX line of cameras?

Not
Intending
Karate
On
Nobody

......now it all makes sense.

All the Canon owners sitting back ordering popcorn.
:1398:

Nikon lenses are where they make the money, it even floats the loss they take in the medical field.

In 2014 they were worth roughly $452,720,220, in 2015: $456,823,700. Time to close up shop!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back