Studio celling color

Ceiling colour depends on height, that is 16 to 20 feet it doesn't matter much. However, a 9.5 foot ceiling may indeed affect colour contamination. FWIW, I'd go with black and choose one that is neutral black with equal amounts of pigment.

As far as items in the studio that may reflect back into the subject, make yourself some V-flats and paint one side black. They can easily be placed around your subject to control spill.

Here are the major changes for now. At some point I will be either turning the bench on the left, or moving it to a different area.

You can see my front back drop hanger which I can hang at least 20' wide, 3 slot seamless holder with a seamless grey on it and the rear back drop hanger which works good for 10' wide stuff and gets me about 2' more depth.

I got the one grey shelf cleaned off. The shelf and tool box are dedicated to photography stuff now. I also built a rack to hold my stands which also holds several modifiers nicely. Little did I know when I built my shop it would become a studio.

20190916_133524.jpg

Excellent job with the ceiling paint, you managed to mimic the OSB pattern perfectly.;)

Excellent job with the ceiling paint, you managed to mimic the OSB pattern perfectly.;)

That was defiantly the hardest part :) Since I did not have paint readily available I will shoot with it for now and see how it goes.

I don't feel like I am getting any cast, or if I am, I do not see it.

So far in this space all of my lighting has been direct, or at least not bounced off of any native surface in the shop.

Here are 2 examples from one of my last shoots in there, on 2 different backgrounds. Is there cast I am not seeing?
Nice space, and love the use of the overhead track system. I think others have covered the main points; I'll add a posing tip: ESPECIALLY in poses like the the lady in the black dress, fingers together, always! Notice how large her hands appear because, with the fingers spread, they cover so much more area?

Notice how large her hands appear because, with the fingers spread, they cover so much more area?

I had to go back and look again, because I remembered something about the portrait examples. The hands in the first shot are big, but the hands in the second (red dress) are huge, especially the one on her knee! At first I thought it might be perspective distortion from a wide angle lens, but the EXIF shows 50mm. I wouldn't think it would have caused that much distortion??????

Most reactions

Back