I just inherited this

I am sorry for the loss of your brother. You now have a nice little momento...cherish it.

I finished the roll that was in the camera after taking 7 or 8 shots with it and had it developed and scanned. The photos of my brother with his dog look to be about 5 years old and looked good although my brother was slightly out of focus where the dog was sharp. The photos I took were all kind of washed out. I'm thinking the film got too old but the photos already on it were OK? It was Ektar 100 film. I put a roll of Portra 400 in it but I haven't shot anything yet. I'll give this roll a chance.

I did some auto-correct in Apple Photos and they look a bit better. I'll have to learn how to use the computer tools. There's a full copy of Photoshop and Lightroom on another computer in my house. Maybe I should give those a try too.

I finished the roll that was in the camera after taking 7 or 8 shots with it and had it developed and scanned. The photos of my brother with his dog look to be about 5 years old and looked good although my brother was slightly out of focus where the dog was sharp. The photos I took were all kind of washed out. I'm thinking the film got too old but the photos already on it were OK? It was Ektar 100 film. I put a roll of Portra 400 in it but I haven't shot anything yet. I'll give this roll a chance.

I did some auto-correct in Apple Photos and they look a bit better. I'll have to learn how to use the computer tools. There's a full copy of Photoshop and Lightroom on another computer in my house. Maybe I should give those a try too.
I had that same camera ands loved it. But a nephew went pro and all he had was a 35mm so I gave my 645 to him. It got great photo's. had an RB 67 at the same time and preferred the 645.

condolences on the loss of your brother

Why is that too bad? That film seems to be plentiful and I get 16 shots per roll of 120, 32 of 220. It is possible to get a digital back for the camera too, but they are very expensive for someone that doesn't even know what to do with it. I thought the film would be expensive, but so far I'm not finding it to be terribly expensive, not considering how little I'm likely to use it.

My adult kids are all coming to the house today, and it is a sunny day. That sounds like an opportunity to take some family shots.
I own 20 film cameras that shoot 35mm, and I've 3 that shoot 120; plus digitals. My first choice when shooting anymore(and I often carry 3 different cameras) is my 120's, unless it's a too distant object for the lens. The color(I only shoot color), clarity and depth of those shots is beyond anything I can do with the 35's....It's not opinion, it's science. The Mamiya is an excellent camera....enjoy.

I was going through some more of my brother's things this weekend and I found a whole stash of 127 film! It was all dated 2014 and earlier though, as well as the 35mm and 120 film in the box. I didn't throw it out but don't know what to do with it. One thing I do know is that the old 120 film that I used that came out washed out when I had it developed and scanned I could color correct and it looked pretty good when I did. Maybe old film is still usable with the current tools we have. Back in the old days you really had to know what you were doing to color correct something like that. It might be worth playing with it, just to say I did it.

Most reactions

Back