I just inherited this

zacster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My brother passed away and while going through some of his belongings I found this:

3CF07E19-31F2-47B8-9FFE-65DA925EBC0D_1_102_o.jpeg
8D1A5E9C-E1BC-462F-97A5-9B332FD6A08F_1_102_o.jpeg

All appears to be working too. There is film in it and I'll finish off that roll and buy another fresh one to see what I can do with it and to ensure it all works. I'm not a photographer but I'd love to dabble with this thing. It is by far the biggest camera I've ever had. The only other thing it had were some lens hoods. I'm still hoping to find other accessories at his place but I doubt I will. What I did find were at least 4 other higher-end cameras, a Nikon D7000 with lenses, a Fufifilm X-T10, an Olympus EM5, and a Fujifilm 645zi. My sister also found one in a bag but didn't tell me what it was. There were also two 127 film cameras, but I found out that the film is basically unavailable for those. It is hard to say whether they worked either. The Oympus LCD screen didn't work but it otherwise took pictures using the viewfinder, the others all seemed to work. I'm most likely to use the X-T10 as it is a nice small size, but I'd also use the EM5 if I can get the screen to work. M43 is the only format I'd used in the past, otherwise just an iPhone user.

That's a very nice camera. I hope there are a couple of keepsake shots on the undeveloped roll in there.

The photos show the dirt that sticks to the grippy parts, it is otherwise clean.

Is there any way to show usage counts on this?

Lucky you. Get manuals online. Find a film lab. Bon voyage!

Since I live in NYC I'll have my choice of labs and stores. B&H is first on the list, but Focus is close to home, and there are at least 3 labs in Brooklyn nearby. And checking prices I see that develop and scan isn't all that expensive, not nearly as much as I thought it would be.

Now I need an excuse to take pictures.

Since I live in NYC I'll have my choice of labs and stores. B&H is first on the list, but Focus is close to home, and there are at least 3 labs in Brooklyn nearby. And checking prices I see that develop and scan isn't all that expensive, not nearly as much as I thought it would be.

Now I need an excuse to take pictures.
Enjoy. A nice piece of equipment like that is it's own excuse. Pick it up head out and find something that interests you.

You live in NYC I'm sure you'll find something.

Why is that too bad? That film seems to be plentiful and I get 16 shots per roll of 120, 32 of 220. It is possible to get a digital back for the camera too, but they are very expensive for someone that doesn't even know what to do with it. I thought the film would be expensive, but so far I'm not finding it to be terribly expensive, not considering how little I'm likely to use it.

My adult kids are all coming to the house today, and it is a sunny day. That sounds like an opportunity to take some family shots.

I did mention two 127 film cameras. I doubt they work and wasn't interested in them, nor am I interested in 127 film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back