Best Lens for shooting canvas on an easel while I paint?

edpstop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I video the canvas while I am painting and mostly post them as time lapse though sometimes tutorials. The problem I've had is finding a lens that has a minimum of perspective distortion. In editing I can correct for the distortion some but there is still noticeable distortion that distracts from the video. I am considering the Lumix 9mm f/1.7 lens but I am so ignorant about lenses I'm not sure if it will be a significant improvement or not. Thanks for any helpful replies!

I video the canvas while I am painting and mostly post them as time lapse though sometimes tutorials. The problem I've had is finding a lens that has a minimum of perspective distortion. In editing I can correct for the distortion some but there is still noticeable distortion that distracts from the video. I am considering the Lumix 9mm f/1.7 lens but I am so ignorant about lenses I'm not sure if it will be a significant improvement or not. Thanks for any helpful replies!

In photography there are two types of distortion, one is the result of the lens design, the other caused by distance to the subject or the focal plane not being parallel to the subject (tilted up/down/side). Here's a good article to bring you up to speed. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explor...istort,lens distance that creates distortion… typically the wider the lens the more sensitive to distortion problems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back