nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came across a new listing on eBay for this camera with the AIS 50mm f/1.8 pancake version for $40 and I just couldn't say no. The camera was untested but the photos looked good, just was dusty.

When I got it, it was in better shape that I expected. Not a mark on the camera, I don't think it was used much at all. The viewfinder is rather spotless, its clean and when I took the lens off....the mount looks new like Nikon machined it the day before. I don't think that lens was ever removed. The lens itself it came with is spotless, like its brand new. I was stoked, I got a really good deal on this camera.

I opened the battery compartment and there was corrosion, worried me but it never made it to any of the camera's contacts. The batteries were from 12/1998, at least for the expiration date so I am assuming these batteries were installed probably late 80s, early 90s maybe considering the film pressure plate doesn't even have a mark on it.

Anyways, I cleaned the corrosion up which wasn't much and installed new batteries and worked perfectly fine!

PXL_20240506_150935595.jpg

I gave it a good thoroughly cleaning. I don't think the seals even need to be replaced but I probably will anyways at some point. Not rush to though.

PXL_20240506_144936857.jpg
PXL_20240506_144950753.jpg

The lens is really nice shape and I'm sure its going to be very sharp. Its not the one I really wanted but I seen this particularly model sell for $100 in this condition so I already got a good deal. The one I wanted is the Japan only version which can focus down to .45 versus .60 like this one but its a pancake which I like!

PXL_20240507_202621216.jpg

And here it is with the 28mm f3.5 with a lens hood I bought for it that is actually intended for the Nikon Z 28mm f/2.8 but it works perfectly on this lens!

I made a little YouTube short loading film into this neat camera.

Now I have two Nikon N2000 cameras...selling my other one because this one is in better shape. I felt like I did good on this one.

Thanks for reading!

I came across a new listing on eBay for this camera with the AIS 50mm f/1.8 pancake version for $40 and I just couldn't say no. The camera was untested but the photos looked good, just was dusty.

When I got it, it was in better shape that I expected. Not a mark on the camera, I don't think it was used much at all. The viewfinder is rather spotless, its clean and when I took the lens off....the mount looks new like Nikon machined it the day before. I don't think that lens was ever removed. The lens itself it came with is spotless, like its brand new. I was stoked, I got a really good deal on this camera.

I opened the battery compartment and there was corrosion, worried me but it never made it to any of the camera's contacts. The batteries were from 12/1998, at least for the expiration date so I am assuming these batteries were installed probably late 80s, early 90s maybe considering the film pressure plate doesn't even have a mark on it.

Anyways, I cleaned the corrosion up which wasn't much and installed new batteries and worked perfectly fine!

View attachment 274979

I gave it a good thoroughly cleaning. I don't think the seals even need to be replaced but I probably will anyways at some point. Not rush to though.

View attachment 274977View attachment 274978

The lens is really nice shape and I'm sure its going to be very sharp. Its not the one I really wanted but I seen this particularly model sell for $100 in this condition so I already got a good deal. The one I wanted is the Japan only version which can focus down to .45 versus .60 like this one but its a pancake which I like!

View attachment 274980

And here it is with the 28mm f3.5 with a lens hood I bought for it that is actually intended for the Nikon Z 28mm f/2.8 but it works perfectly on this lens!

I made a little YouTube short loading film into this neat camera.

Now I have two Nikon N2000 cameras...selling my other one because this one is in better shape. I felt like I did good on this one.

Thanks for reading!

I haven't heard that sound in a long time. Takes me back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back