timor

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lets start with this:
"Iron Horse" from Southampton Ontario.
$IMG_0002.jpg
Imperial Reflex, Delta 400, orange Cokin filter.

like those Pinholes. Want to try that sometime.

Have some plastic horrors to play with in the meantime

Once Upon a January

$img129 - Copy1.jpg

Beacon Two-Twenty-Five, FP4

Pinholes are fun. In fact, just today I was thinking that I need to break out my homemade pinhole and take a few shots. I made it to take paper negatives, but the holder is 4x5 so I might have to break down and get some sheet film.

Here's a shot on Harman Direct Positive paper, developed in Caffenol:

Day 311 - Oil cans by limrodrigues, on Flickr

I bet one of your plastic horrors can be modified! :) But those are also fun to play with as-is.

Back when I had a darkroom I taped a piece of Ilford MG in the back of a Brownie No 3.

Tray processed, scanned then inverted and flipped in PSE. Pretty scruffy but a start. Didn't get a chance to do enough of these to get the exposure better.

$img178e - Copy.jpg

Back when I had a darkroom I taped a piece of Ilford MG in the back of a Brownie No 3.

Tray processed, scanned then inverted and flipped in PSE. Pretty scruffy but a start. Didn't get a chance to do enough of these to get the exposure better.
I think the exposure is not bad, looks, like it was pretty dull day.

Another one from the same roll as the Iron Horse. "Truckin High"
$IMG_0001.jpg
First time developing Delta 400 120 format. Looks like very picky film, doesn't like spinning for agitation. Well, I didn't have my usual Tmax 400 for that occasion. Mea culpa.

I agree with Timor - that exposure looks good. Funny, I did a lot of mine in the winter, too.

Those paper negatives (or positives even) are time consuming. You really have to dedicate time to do a few of them at a time to adjust for exposure, etc. The one I posted was the third try at that shot, and yeah - it's tricky to get it right. Harman Direct Positive is harder to find now - they were having problems with getting some of the ingredients for the emulsion so it's not discontinued but lots of places are out of stock - so I've been wanting to try the paper negatives. Do you know what ISO rating the paper would have? The Direct Positive was rated at ISO 3, so even a Sunny 16 shot took 37 seconds in the pinhole! Fun :mrgreen:

ISO 3 sounds about right.

Read somewhere that Ilford MG works at ISO 1 but think that might be a bit too much.
Here's the thought process: Old box shutter probably 1/30 approx. the smallest of the three holes on the slider probably f16 Light that day metered out at 1 - 2 sec more or less at ISO 1. Chose an overcast day for stable light over a couple of hours. Processing variables are minor with this paper so ordinary care and attention to temps and concentrations applied.

Next time I try this I'll use a camera with more adjustments.

$img177e2.jpg

Argoflex with a reversed lens:

Day 286 - Barn by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Not as cool an effect as a reversed lens on a Brownie but not too bad. The shape and mount of the lens make it not good for focusing on things too close and the far away affect is not dramatic enough to be that interesting, but it was fun to try.

It is interesting effect. Almost like using "speed" filter.

I need to develop the roll of HP5+ I just shot through a Brownie and post the result here. It was fun!

Most reactions

Back