Woodpecker house

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Woodpeckers have been to our feeders all winter. One decided to make a house in the tree. About 2 weeks ago noticed wood shavings falling from above. Looks like it started another hole too. There is a new tiny woodpecker this past week. Hopefully they will stay awhile so I can get better photos when it is warm and sunny.

Woodpecker house in the backyard tree by Cheryl, on Flickr

2. The hole above is a work in progress
042524_016SMw.jpg

Wonderful! Love how it's peeking out. A woodpecker has started visiting the bird feeder, so I'll need to set up the tripod with the 600mm and see if I can get some shots.

Hear them pounding away every morning wherever I walk in my heavily-treed 'hood. A huge nearly-dead sugar maple at the family ruin is a flicker hi-rise condo with a few downy sub-lets.

Nice catch!

Great capture!

Woodpeckers have been to our feeders all winter. One decided to make a house in the tree. About 2 weeks ago noticed wood shavings falling from above. Looks like it started another hole too. There is a new tiny woodpecker this past week. Hopefully they will stay awhile so I can get better photos when it is warm and sunny.

Woodpecker house in the backyard tree by Cheryl, on Flickr

2. The hole above is a work in progress
View attachment 274394
Excellent find and capture. Appears to be a red-bellied woodpecker.

Very good shots....
Thanks Jeff!

Wonderful! Love how it's peeking out. A woodpecker has started visiting the bird feeder, so I'll need to set up the tripod with the 600mm and see if I can get some shots.
It likes to watch the pups in the yard. Looking forward to your 600mm shots.

Hear them pounding away every morning wherever I walk in my heavily-treed 'hood. A huge nearly-dead sugar maple at the family ruin is a flicker hi-rise condo with a few downy sub-lets.
The tree condo sounds wonderful!

Wild pets are cool🤪...
Agree! A few other critters like the backyard feeders...deer, raccoons, squirrels. Last year 2 ducks would come by for dinner every evening.

Nice catch!
Thanks Mitch!

Great capture!
Thanks Wobe!

Excellent find and capture. Appears to be a red-bellied woodpecker.
Thanks Bill! The red-necked woodpecker. There is a very small one that may be a baby. It has different markings on the back than the usual small ones.

Most reactions

Back