Weekly challenge 5/5 - 5/11 Spring Fever!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, post photos of signs of Spring. Flowers, trees, animals, birds, grass, road construction, pollen, sports, kids at play... what signs of spring are in your area?

Darn - we had Spring on Monday and Tuesday; we're into full-blown Summer, now (90 degrees).

bloem1Acomp.jpg

We have apples!!!!! Silly I guess to be excited over apples on our trees, but we've been barren for two years straight. One year I pruned them a little hard, then added fertilizer, so basically all I got was leaves and branches, and one year they were covered in blooms, when a hard freeze hit.

apples05052018_910.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

apples05052018_903.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Some of the signs of spring around here are baby ducks, baby calves and baby ....... onions? Okay, so the onions kind of lost the cuteness factor of the ducks and calves, but they're certainly a sign of spring around here.
DSC_8998-1.jpg
DSC_9006-1.jpg
DSC_9034-1.jpg

baby ....... onions? Okay, so the onions kind of lost the cuteness factor

Considering the price of corn the last couple years, we may have to start looking at alternatives

The killdeer come back in early spring. When mom starts doing this 'wounded' dance to lure you away it's a for-sure sign that spring is here and there's a nest nearby.
DSC_9090-1.jpg

Looks like these two had just hatched and one to go.
DSC_9094-1.jpg

By the time I finished this morning's irrigation run and came back, the nest was three for three.
DSC_9112-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back