UK meetup day 1 teaser

oh gosh!!!! oads of pics now :) hehehe yeah I used many cams there...
Blah! Chris!!!! the photo from your cam of me (on that bridge) is wafull!!! I did so foolish face :p:p buahahah but it is always nice to laugh form myself :p

oh no... so Rob!!!?? You're going digital?? 10d ?? nice :) and I'm still far far away from my DSLR... but someday... ... someday... ok ... I'll post a few more portraits, which are rather artsy.. but later on :p so stay tuned :)

Realy? I rather liked it! It looks very "outdoors" and natural don't you think?

14374kz.jpg

I like it, too, Mentos. It is very natural.
But I do understand why we usually don't like ourselves with a face that we would NOT draw at ourselves when we see ourselves in the mirror!
I sure never stick my bottom jaw out whenever I look at myself in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!
So there. I like this one, too. Just one more facette of Mentos. Mentos with wind in her face. It's pretty!

Hahaha, that "seperate ways" picture could say so much, but its so wrong! I should thank Hertz again for letting me borrow his black fleece jacket, as i got quite cold, so thanks Hertz :D

and wow PlasticSpanner, that moon is a great capture, i love it, thanks for putting it up :)

I know that the "Separate Ways" picture gives off a completely wrong impression! We spent many a lovely hour together after this, not only on that day but also on the Sunday, but I liked how this photo seemed to suggest this.

And of course I know that no "accident" happened to Tony!
And instead of hiding under a Harry-Potter-Invisible-Coat, he should watch where he places himself when there are so many cameras around ;).

hahah yeah the photo of Tony is a blockbuster :D
oh gosh.. and I hoped that big boys can control themselves :p

Oh. There are so many new photos here now. And so much more writing. I can't read all that. It is too much. But I looked at all the new photos.

It is nice that sometimes someone photographed me without my camera glued to my eye. I like your photos all. Tony's photos are very sharp. That is nice. And Chris has a nice photo of Corinna and me. And even Corinna took a nice photo of me and Royster.

I was in the drugstore today where I give away my films and they come back as photos. I had only time to bring them my films on Wednesday. And today there were no photos. I think my better photos are taken with the camera with film. I can form a better photo with that camera. The digital camera which is the same like Corinna's is very new. I used it in England for the first time.

My scanner is in conflict with my computer. They don't like each other.
When my photos are here, I shall send the double pictures to Corinna. She must scan them. And she must send them to this photo bucket.
Then I can send them to this board.
This will take time. I hope that someone still wants to look at the photos then.

Oh, cool, sister! You have made it online again :D --- yes, much has happened to this thread from when you were here on Monday and now, hm? Nice photos, all of them, right? And your prints have not yet come back. Bummer! I so hoped you would phone me and tell me "They are here! And every one of them is a hit!" (I am not used to anything different!!) Hmph. Will you go and look tomorrow? Please!

Can't wait to see them Christiane, it might be worth seeing if you can get a CD with your photos, as that would save you having to send them to Corinna, or having to buy a new scanner

OK, so heres the story of the first day - well the first part of it at least....

It started off in the morning, at about 10.30 in the bar of the Saffron hotel - we had coffee and a good chat there while we waited for Hertz to turn up.

t46.jpg

Eventually, we got word that Hertz was in town, and he had the German girls with him, but being Hertz he likes to travel in style - nothing too ostentatious, but comfortable you know

t47.jpg

Then after a couple of hours of chatting we decided to go for a walk around Saffron, At this point people needed to move their cars as they were in limited time parking spaces or the car park ticket was going to run out, so we decided to park just down the road in a couple of side streets that Hertz found.

Scan01_SeparateWays.jpg

satisfied with the parking, we headed off hootfoot into town.

There was a small market on in the town square, and Royster leapt into action and promptly disappeared into the melee of bargain hunters and old grannies with walking sticks. Hertz and Mataji were resolving their earlier dispute by having a duel, whilst Rob and Mentos were lining up to see who was quickest on the draw - it was tense stuff!

t43.jpg

Beaten, Rob could do nothing but look on in disbelief whilst Corinna and Christiane - being the professionals that they are - continued to shoot the Hertz/Mataji duel.

t41.jpg

After a quick headcount, there was a sudden realisation that one of us was missing in action - so we all had a giggle about it, then decided that we should go find plasticSpanner.

t42.jpg

Hertz and Mataji disappeared up here...

t48.jpg

And the rest of us went around the way that we came in the hope of heading him off at the pass. Hertz and Mataji returned from their hunting expedition triumphant, and once reunited, the gang headed off up a hill on the way out of Saffron Walden, the hill was quite steep, and after a short while we became a little bit separated, Corinna asked Plasticspanner where we were heading - "I'm following you" he said, as the rest of the gang pondered where they were going to turn next.

t44.jpg

This way! came a cry, and with nobody having a clue or a better idea of where to go, off we headed down the hill. We could see the church from here, so we decided to head there.

t49.jpg

near the bottom of a hill, there was what appeared to be a museum - and whats more, it was a beer museum, with free entry!!! So a decision was made to defer the church in favour of the beer museum.

HG4.jpg

Inside, the exhibits were all encased in aluminium barrels far from the public gaze, but a few of the gang were expert beerologists, and could spot the tell-tale signs that somewhere within the local strata there was hidden delights to be had.

Zapfhhne.jpg

after a conversation with the beer nuseum staff, and bribing them with copious amounts of money (Robs money to be exact) we secured access to samples of the hidden treasure. Mentos, Magda and Corinna sat and wondered at this beautiful exhibit, then promptly drank it,

t22.jpg

After all of the treasure was exhausted, we decided to carry on on our quest to get to the church on time, Rob stood up and flung his coat on, Royster, Magda and plasticspanner had to move quickly to avoid getting the corners of Robs coat in their eyes.

t23.jpg

Rob had underestimated the speed at which he threw his coat on, and realised too late that he he had in fact severed his head - "Wheres my camera gone!" he shouted, fumbling around in the dark as he couldn't really see it at this point due to having no head, Mentos took pity on him and gave him a sorry look - which seemed to work as quite soon after that, Rob managed to get his head back in place - weird eh?

t24.jpg

Once out of the beer museum, we found ourselves back in the market square, Rob had to phone headquarters to confirm that his head was indeed back in the correct position, fitted and working.

t25.jpg

After a short while of studying the lovely melons on display in the market area...

t28.jpg

We headed for the church, at the church, we wandered around looking at this and that, there were old parts and new parts of the church, I decided to look at an old part - there was no colour in them days

t34.jpg

then once back outside, I heard Hertz say that he was going to take a photo of the little old gravestones - we knew his eyesight was a bit dodgy, but...

t29.jpg

At this point, we were in the dead centre of Saffron Walden...

t50.jpg

We then decied to head out of town, and that my friends is a whole new story.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Oh, I sooooooo want this story to go on, PLEASE!!!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

BUAHAHAHAHAHA oooooo I love it Tony :) it is soooo amazing!!! you HAVE to write the rest of it!!! buahahahaha it is just perfect and soooooo true :)

Most reactions

Back