The Coffee House

hi all, had a day out driving around the local area. I saw this and thought you youngsters would like to see how cars were....
this day out was the last time my old Dog, Alfie, went for a ride.... I had to make that hard call and have him put to sleep.

Attachments

• IMGL9073.jpg
    IMGL9073.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 1
Happy weekend Hosers! Went to see the latest Ghostbusters movie today since the weather was rainy and cold. I enjoyed it. I love going to the movies and it was one of the things I missed most during Covid. There haven’t been many new movies worth seeing to since 2020, in my opinion.

@SquarePeg despite the fact that we dropped over $50 on tickets, drinks, and snacks last time we took Lil'Bit to a matinee I still don't see how they're making money. There were only a couple others in the whole theater.

@SquarePeg despite the fact that we dropped over $50 on tickets, drinks, and snacks last time we took Lil'Bit to a matinee I still don't see how they're making money. There were only a couple others in the whole theater.
They’re selling .05 of soda for $8.

.5 soda for 8 dollars not sure how that converts to GBP but hells bells.. buy champagne next time it’s prob cheaper
I looked at our local cinema but as yet there is nothing on that interests me.
Whit this new whooping chough going round I will prob stay clear anyway back driving around the local country side taking photos

If they are the multiple theater type, they'll get one or two blockbusters that will carry them, I guess. I think the evening shows are always better attended.

It stopped raining yesterday so I cut the grass. I also ran the CATV cable across the basement for the bedroom (easier to go under floor, than over ceiling and play in the attic).

.5 soda for 8 dollars not sure how that converts to GBP but hells bells.. buy champagne next time it’s prob cheaper
I looked at our local cinema but as yet there is nothing on that interests me.
Whit this new whooping chough going round I will prob stay clear anyway back driving around the local country side taking photos

What's funny is the new multiplex recently built sells wine and beer.......for about the same price as soft drinks. Guess which one I had? 😊

I can't believe it, but I already managed to find gold in my backyard but messed up trying to get it in the snuffer bottle and lost it 😭But it was definitely gold as it was staying on top of the pan as the rest of the material was washing down and it had that distinctive yellow look. So awesome and I'm excited to get back to it! Just need to practice my technique more...only have maybe 2 hours of experience panning so far.

staying on top of the pan as the rest of the material was washing down

I'm not doubting you on finding a bit, but in my experience, gold (even tiny grains) are found at the bottom of material in the pan not on top, because of being heavier.

Hope you find some, it can be exciting.

I'm not doubting you on finding a bit, but in my experience, gold (even tiny grains) are found at the bottom of material in the pan not on top, because of being heavier.

Hope you find some, it can be exciting.
no, I mean on top of the bottom of the pan, not on top of the material. Lighter material washes down revealing black sand and any heavier material that will stay up top on the bottom of the pan...like this ⬇️ where the gold stays put toward the top of the pan and the lighter stuff washes down to the bottom.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 082845.png

@nerwin okay, misunderstood what you were saying. I'd be really excited with that pan, mine have been a fraction of that and no pickers.

I did a little bit this morning. Found one tiny spec! I had to use my macro lens lol. It may be nearly microscopic but that bad boy is GOLD!

Erwin-240421-88110.jpg

did a little bit this morning. Found one tiny spec! I had to use my macro lens lol. It may be nearly microscopic but that bad boy is GOLD!

Now you're talking my finds. LOL the gold we found around Dahlonega, GA was fine, over the course of a few days we might have found a gram or so. The highlight though was the 2 carat Ruby DW found. There's a place south of us that people go, mixed in with the fines are the occasional pickers. I've been intending on trying there.

hi all, had a day out driving around the local area. I saw this and thought you youngsters would like to see how cars were....
this day out was the last time my old Dog, Alfie, went for a ride.... I had to make that hard call and have him put to sleep.
Sorry for your loss of Alfie

Most reactions

Back