polaroid 600 problem

denada

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi. so i’ve been making a surprising amount of money selling polaroid cameras on ebay. i just came across the pink and grey cool cam, and anything pink sells for 5x more than its black counterpart. i mention this to avoid the otherwise logical “buy another” response.

now the problem. when i put a film cartridge a winding noise starts, i think the film/darkaide eject, and doesn’t stop. it starts even before i close the mouth. if i close the mouth, only one photo ejects, i assume because the lever is still functioning properly.

how can i get the motor to only run when it’s supposed to? i am very good at taking things apart, soldering, remembering how to put them back together, etc. but i know from expierence that taking a polaroid camera apart without having any direction can lead to stretched springs or worse.

thanks!

edit: a reliable guide on how to take 600 box cameras apart would be just as useful. i googled and could not find. because i'm also considering taking the pink parts and putting them on another camera, as people go bonkers for "customized" box cams as well.

Last edited:
ha, never mind. a camera repair shop bought it off ebay 30 seconds after i posted as "for parts / display." infinity percent markup as the seller gave it to me for free because it was broken.

Did you build your print viewer box?

no, got side tracked. i have been printing though. i rented a spectrometer to see if custom profiles make a difference (just built profiles and haven't gotten around to testing them yet). i am certainly not abandoning that that project and will update that thread when i get back to it.

got side tracked by stereo slides. just got a stereo slide projector working (things are pricy, so luckily my grandpas was salvageable). then found the special screen you need for it. now just need the glasses.

so many photo projects. limited time and money.

Ok , thanks for the update. Wish you success.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back