Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

Progress. Hopefully I'll finish this tomorrow!

20240424_180239.jpg

Terrible cell phone shot; it's been dark and windy most of the day. Going down to 29F tonight! 🤪

Hope you’re staying warm. I had the windows open for a couple days but finally closed them as I was getting chilly. The heat is still off, though.

Mish was a bit of an instigator; maybe one of the reasons I liked her so much. I ended up sending her the painting.

With the spritz or without? Obviously, there’s no turning back the clock, but I’m torn as to which one I like better and I’m just curious what you all think?

IMG_7727.jpeg

IMG_7728.jpeg

With the spritz or without? Obviously, there’s no turning back the clock, but I’m torn as to which one I like better and I’m just curious what you all think?

View attachment 274376

View attachment 274377
I actually like them both! The top one has a random droplet or two that I like, and I don't not like the second one, where it is clearly more deliberate. I enjoy the randomness of flicking water, paint, etc., to certain paintings.

This is gorgeous, btw - love the purples!

Years ago, I used to dabble with colored pencils...fun, but hard on the old flanges. This was done from a wallet sized photo. Ugh!​

View attachment 274385
You're a very talented sketch artist! This is lovely work, and I'm sure there's a resemblance even without seeing your reference photo (wallet sized....ewww). :lol: You're a brave man!

Nice job!

Okay, I'm officially done with the fruit challenge. Yayy! I decided to change the orientation of one of the pears, so it took a little more time. I do like my colored pencils - I work mostly with the Prismacolor and Derwent Chromaflow. I'd be lost without the colorless blender pencil!

I wish I had a smaller sketchbook, though. This little sketch is a bit lost on this 9x12" page., But there's no way I was going any larger.

Cherries and pears.jpg

View attachment 274376

View attachment 274377
I'll go along with terri on this - I prefer the first and would like to have seen the second with fewer spritzes. It's more important what you prefer.

So, I guess tjis is related to the thread. The results of my latest shopping spree were deliverd today: a bottle of pen wash and a squeeze bulb to go with it (think rocket blower for camera sensors), a couple syringes for filling pens, 15 ink samples (a free 8-pack an assortment of brown inks, and two specific grey inks), a couple cartridge converters (like a syringe that replaces the ink cartidges), and two Lamy pens in their annual special edition colors - "Strawberry" and "Cream" (fine nibs). This pen company includes a lagnappe - a small gift.

IMG_1178.JPG

Okay, I'm officially done with the fruit challenge. Yayy! I decided to change the orientation of one of the pears, so it took a little more time. I do like my colored pencils - I work mostly with the Prismacolor and Derwent Chromaflow. I'd be lost without the colorless blender pencil!

I wish I had a smaller sketchbook, though. This little sketch is a bit lost on this 9x12" page., But there's no way I was going any larger.

View attachment 274392
Impressive! The shadows are great.

I’ve had a super busy week of work commitments and dinner plans. Will do my fruit piece tomorrow night!

Fantastic, Terri. I love the way the cherries came out. You could just divide a page in half. Use a marker.

The next theme is yours.

Several years back 2008 or 09, our quaint little town by the Gulf of Mexico decided to join the trend of decorating fiberglass animals, fish or other objects that represented the area. Our little burg decided on Porpoises and one of my colleagues and me decided to take a crack at one based on both mystical and modern invention - well, sort of. Again, apologies for the image quality but it is all I had left after the hurricane.

"With a Porpoise in Mind"

dolphin.jpg

Being more artsy, this is drawing I did of a mother and her daughter. The mother died shortly after this was finished.

MARION & RUTHIE.jpg

I shy away from portraiture. I guess I should really practice a bunch of them so I can improve.

I've seen birds and horses around the area, and the Univ. of MD at College Park did a bunch of turtles. I shot snaps of most of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back