P8806.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P88099.jpg
    P88099.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 45853643734_a340e7e01e_o.jpg
    45853643734_a340e7e01e_o.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 2
Shoot it till it breaks. Painful inconsistencies in Kodak's design+development work in the early 2000s. Stars and dogs resulted.

Shoot it till it breaks. Painful inconsistencies in Kodak's design+development work in the early 2000s. Stars and dogs resulted.
Actually there were quite alot of good ones, absoloute bargains on E-bay now, my faves are
P880 (24-140mm manual zoom F2.8)
Z990 (12mp CMOS sensor 30X optical starting at 28mm F2.8 with OIS)
P712 (12x optical F2.8 with OIS)
Z712 (12X optical F2.8 with OIS)
Z1012 (12X optical F2.8 with OIS)

All the above have EVFs (hard to find now) and produce great results, they can be found for almost no money, they were good then, they are good now, total bargains, batteries, chargers etc interchangeable and still easily available. Alot of sellers list them as "untested" because they have lost the charger and virtually give them away, I have bought three like that and they are all in perfect working order, all less than £25 each!!. As you say, a few dogs in the range, but many good ones too, the later Z1015 was pretty good too with a longer zoom @ 15X optical but the lens was wider @28mm but slower @ F3.4 (I bought one for £9.00 on ebay) But the best for me were the P880, the Z990 and the P712 all great

Attachments

• kodak-easyshare-max-z990-zoom.jpg
    kodak-easyshare-max-z990-zoom.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1012.jpg
    1012.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
  • P880.jpg
    P880.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 712.jpeg
    712.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 2
  • 1015.jpg
    1015.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
2 from a Z1012 that cost £15 on Ebay, shot about an hour ago

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the DNA of that series but Kodak couldn't keep its eye on the ball with cameras. Recall problems with this type whatever the brand with impact-damaged zoom mechanisms. People accustomed to bashing around metal-body film SLRs with 50mm lenses found these couldn't take it.

Nothing wrong with the DNA of that series but Kodak couldn't keep its eye on the ball with cameras. Recall problems with this type whatever the brand with impact-damaged zoom mechanisms. People accustomed to bashing around metal-body film SLRs with 50mm lenses found these couldn't take it.
Yea, they are a little fragile, but at under £30 now used, they make alot of sense to me

Last edited:
Yea, they are a little fragile, but at under £30 now used, they make alot of sense to me
They're essentially disposable at that price, much like many film SLRs were 10+ years ago. Get duplicates of models you like since they're all but unserviceable now once busted.

Actually there were quite alot of good ones, absoloute bargains on E-bay now, my faves are
P880 (24-140mm manual zoom F2.8)
Z990 (12mp CMOS sensor 30X optical starting at 28mm F2.8 with OIS)
P712 (12x optical F2.8 with OIS)
Z712 (12X optical F2.8 with OIS)
Z1012 (12X optical F2.8 with OIS)

All the above have EVFs (hard to find now) and produce great results, they can be found for almost no money, they were good then, they are good now, total bargains, batteries, chargers etc interchangeable and still easily available. Alot of sellers list them as "untested" because they have lost the charger and virtually give them away, I have bought three like that and they are all in perfect working order, all less than £25 each!!. As you say, a few dogs in the range, but many good ones too, the later Z1015 was pretty good too with a longer zoom @ 15X optical but the lens was wider @28mm but slower @ F3.4 (I bought one for £9.00 on ebay) But the best for me were the P880, the Z990 and the P712 all great
Good information. I see these for sale up here every once in a while, for tuppence. I'll have to snare one. I have a Z560 that isn't too bad. Almost film-like, in terms of the photos.

Thats kind of why I started this thread, many of the similar cams from brands like Nikon and Canon are starting to fetchi silly money now, but the Kodaks are still cheap and were every bit as good really, often they were better but overlooked, so there are some real bargains out there, you can take a risk on an untested and so far the ones I have bought were fine, just needed a charger, if you know how to use a camera, how to use the exposure comp they are really good, I only use cheap Kodaks now, the EVFs on all these are pretty good too apart from the P880 which is dim but useable and way better than no EVF, in other respects the P880 was excellent, compact superzoom cams with an EVF are virtually non existent new now, these Kodaks can really deliver great results in the right hands EDIT I recommended the Z1012 above but although its not a bad camera, the others in the list are better

Thats kind of why I started this thread, many of the similar cams from brands like Nikon and Canon are starting to fetchi silly money now, but the Kodaks are still cheap and were every bit as good really, often they were better but overlooked, so there are some real bargains out there, you can take a risk on an untested and so far the ones I have bought were fine, just needed a charger, if you know how to use a camera, how to use the exposure comp they are really good, I only use cheap Kodaks now, the EVFs on all these are pretty good too apart from the P880 which is dim but useable and way better than no EVF, in other respects the P880 was excellent, compact superzoom cams with an EVF are virtually non existent new now, these Kodaks can really deliver great results in the right hands EDIT I recommended the Z1012 above but although its not a bad camera, the others in the list are better
Again, excellent information!

I have a Canon Powershot SX10 IS, and it's been an excellent camera, it just had an appetite for batteries. Speaking of which, I need to find a replacement battery door for it.

I like them. I think you could have walked on the slime and risked a shot or two :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back