Facebook photoshop groups I hate them. - warning rant in thread

I was considering joining a FB photography group until I read this thread. I belong to a few forums and think that will suffice for now. I have zero feelings left so criticize the heck out of my photos because I know diddly squat.

My wife is a member of a Photoshop FB group and loves it.

I've been using Photoshop for 24 years. And the user groups I join all suck. And some of the users and mods are so stupid it angers me.

Like: A user posts an image of a wedding couple. Black and white and over exposed. White and hazy. But upon close inspection the grooms face has been brushed over with the paint brush in photoshop with white. I could even see the perfect circle of the default brush. And this creep got so many likes. Then he said he used "ai" to reconstruct the face he intentionally mashed up. The ai didn't do a great job because it appeared the wall had some carpet cloned over it. I mean it was really nasty job.

Another user posts a woman on a bar stool in front of a very dirty cotton sheet. And since I believe he uploaded to a photoshop user group I edit it for him and clean it up. 5 minutes. And his response is to threaten me in spanish. !!!! Then the mods tell me that I can't argue with users and remove my comment and give me a warning. A warning!! But do nothing to the user who types in spanish.. Then like ants to a fallen piece of cake all these spanish users type out how brilliant his terrible image is.

There's always one troll in a group who always without fail trolls my posts. And the mods don't react even when he repeatedly breaks their own rules.

I join an HDR group. They have 30 thousand members. But each post only gets about 6 likes. The HDR's are unimaginative and bland. I start posting and I'm told I made 10 comments and that I'm to active. What the hedge. Or I'm told my photographs that are HDR are not up to their standards. So I post a luminance histogram proving that my photograph is in fact an HDR and I get banned. Come on!!!!!! Some admins post images that they request c&c on but when I point out embarrassing details they over looked. LIke their naked reflection on a freaking silver cup in the corner of their indoor real estate hdr. I get banned for noting it. ARHGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I even joined some chinese photography groups on facebook that go against the policies that facebook has. Like active racism and terrorism. And I get a report feedback that their terrorism isn't breaking facebook rules. There are photography groups that photoshop people in wheel chairs and seriously disabled people and place political "funnies" over them in Mandarin chinese.
Just goes to show you. Some people have different likes than you do and you seem to think your perfect. Everybody is not a pro at this stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back