Creepy Crawlies

Do you shot Macros ?

• Yes, I am addicted. I have lots of macro equipment

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Not very often, but I have some close-up lenses just in case.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • I use only the basic macro feature of my camera.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I don't care, I prefer landscapes and portraits

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Hey,

I can't belive how lucky I am to find a Praying Mantis in my front yard! Of course, I took pictures of it on the lawn, but, it was so sunny outside, all the pictures looked TERRIEBLE! So, I took the little guy inside a box and waited for some clouds which came in about 20 minutes. After the clouds came, I went outside again and starting shooting again. Heres what I got:

Angle 1
dsc000542vj.jpg

Angle 2
dsc000587je.jpg

Angle 3
dsc000613nb.jpg

Off course, I let him go into my backyard, unharmed. :) I'm sooo glad I got that oppertunity!

Comments?

SlySniper said:
That is 100% a Dung Beatle. They roll up dung and I think, they lay their eggs in it so that their kids have something to eat. Cool Pic!

:drool:

There are some great pics here, i love all the dragonflies. The B&W one on the chain link fence is awesome.

Well, that is the first time I have EVER seen one up close and personal. I was walking back home from school and JUST happend to look at my yard at the last second and saw it.

Nice picture! I wish the face was in focus tho. :(

Not really creepy, but, a bug non-the-less.

Butterfly
dsc000271hf.jpg

p.s. Something had taken a bit off its wings. Poor thing couldn't even fly away from me, thats how I got so close. So, I picked it up, and set it on a flower.

I figured for my first real photo post I'd jump into the Creepy Crawlies thread since my main interest is tarantulas. I think they make great subjects. These pics were taken last summer and I wasn't really sure of what I was doing...just kinda point and click shooting really. Anyway, hope you like them. :) The first was taken with my Fuji S5000.

This guy wouldn't sit still so this was really the best shot I could get of him.
011bf9e5.jpg

This was done with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel
950c71df.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:cheers:
-David

P1010136.jpg

Praying Mantis on the windowsill

P1010253.jpg

Spider on the carpet

P1200058.jpg

Bee on a spring onion flower