Camera Recommendations for Dog Action Photography

First, if your budget is $1,500 then you really have to go used. Particularly when you add in at least one lens (if not two).

Second, think about renting a camera and lens. There are a lot of reputable shops that do this. Try before you buy. I know you'd prefer to go to a store and play around with it--that would be ideal (and having a good technical assistant to talk you through stuff). No idea where you are in NY but some of the good rental shops won't have a problem mailing it to you--they do that all the time.

First, if your budget is $1,500 then you really have to go used. Particularly when you add in at least one lens (if not two).

Second, think about renting a camera and lens. There are a lot of reputable shops that do this. Try before you buy. I know you'd prefer to go to a store and play around with it--that would be ideal (and having a good technical assistant to talk you through stuff). No idea where you are in NY but some of the good rental shops won't have a problem mailing it to you--they do that all the time.

Really?!? I did not know that some rental companies will ship.....

I live in the Lake George area of NY so if anyone knows of anything in the general area I'm all ears.

Really?!? I did not know that some rental companies will ship.....

I live in the Lake George area of NY so if anyone knows of anything in the general area I'm all ears.
Try Lensrental.com I know--the name of the firm is "Lens Rental" but they also rent camera bodies. They're the "go to" for people renting bodies and lenses before their big safari to Africa or Antarctica. I believe Adorama does as well. And while Albany isn't close--it's not that far away from Lake George--I'd bet there is a camera store there that does rentals but you'll need to pick it up in person.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back