Ad impacting mobile site

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

There is an ad that is impacting the mobile site.

See attached image (from yesterday, still happening now). I’ve been seeing this now for a couple days.

Any chance of fixing it? Is it my phone? If so, how do I fix it?

I “zoomed-out” to show the ad. Without zooming out, I can accidentally scroll to nothing at the right, thanks to the ad width.

D2B3B5F8-4653-474B-ABE9-CB65FE4DE083.png

Ya, still happening...
B7A0D1B4-1BB3-4758-9392-5A1789DCCD94.png

I'm looking at it from my phone now, so I can appreciate what you're saying. I agree, looks like the width of the ad can cause empty space if you scroll over that way. But the ad itself isn't forcing the screen to look that way, it seems - on my phone, the ad just rolls offscreen and the forums remain the normal size, at least.

I can report this thread to the TPF techs and see if there's a way for them to resize the ad. Mbp is a vendor here, so it's not a random ad but one that was planned and placed there, presumably according to contract.

I don't personally use the TPF app, or Tapatalk, so I can't say if the formatting might look better in those scenarios, but it may be something to consider.

In the meantime, let me get this to their attention and we'll see what happens. Thanks!

Thanks @terri! I tried using the Tapatak app before, but didn’t like it. Haven’t tried the TPF app.

For clarification, I’m not complaining about the content of the ad. Rather, the ad is causing issues with my use of the site.

Also for clarification, I fully understand and am aware that sites need to use ads. As long as they don’t interfere with the use of the site, I don’t mind. If they interfere, I get ornery. ;)

No; sorry. The techs have ducked in and out of here several times since this issue was reported. I do know there are always other items they work on behind the scenes and they prioritize accordingly, but that's about all I can tell you.

Thanks for the update

Most reactions

New Topics

Back