Abstract

chocolate soup said:
when taking abstract photos, what is the mind set that a person should have; what should they look for

I would say to look at things differently, dont make the pictures so like all the others. Look for weird/intersting patterns in something most wounldnt even notice. Like that construction site picture, the orange one, is really a good example. But again, what I may consider abstract might be interally different than what you think abstract is.

Link broken :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya J7CK, welcome to ThePhotoForum, and thanks for reviving some of our very old, almost forgotten Theme-threads :D.

This one is worth being supported, so here I go, too (might come up with more, now that I remember this theme :D)

2553194528_3c5c7f7952_o.jpg

thanks. i joined in 2004 (jack), but i forget my password and that email account is long-gone. i remember when YOU joined =D ..26000 posts lol busy busy!

hawkset.jpg

Gotta love abstract. I've been a long time without computer access and its made me think heaps when taking photo's to achieve the affect i want. The only edit done is crop and resize.

Maybe my oil bubbles would nicely fit in here?

3366065726_2fe5218c9e_o.jpg

3366065720_d88fa71088_o.jpg

3896154442_812e8da863_o.jpg

3366065736_359b07c9c4_o.jpg

3895372271_cb79834c65_o.jpg

Last edited:
Not quite AS abstract but still ... somewhat:

baustelleabstrakt2.jpg

I'm getting exceedingly confused by the profusion of same named threads. For example, I've been posting in this other Abstract thread.

I've been posting to a Water themed thread, and now see that there is a second Water thread. I'd been posting to an 08-Fall thread, and then an 09-Fall thread.

Once upon a time, hadn't there been folks that would oversee things and combine same themes into one?

There is a "sticky" at the top of the Photo Themes category, that might now be out of date?

John, when I become aware of two threads on the same theme, I still go merging them, and now that you've caught my attention on two "Abstract"-threads, I'll merge those, too.

The fact, that there once were "Assignment"-threads which put out photo assignments to be done within a set amount of time, and which have since turned into something like themed threads, too, doesn't make things easier, though.

And upon checking, that is exactly what we have here: you were posting into what once was an assignment, and here's the Themes, on the other hand, and many of those threads have become very similar! I wonder if or if not they best be merged, but I have no more access to any rooms where I could discuss these matters with anyone...

Most reactions

Back