The Coffee House

I cut my own as well. As a young, starving Airman with a family, money was very tight, so I learned how to cut my own hair. It takes practice, but it is doable.

With all the talk about the moon and astro lately, I got motivated to pull out my ancient 300mm Takumar lens and try for a picture. This lens is about right for APS-C (on my a6400). I used ~F9.5 I got lucky with the weather (clear sky in the direction of the moon). This version is not modified except for a crop.
V3N02132aCrop1600-C1.JPG

With all the talk about the moon and astro lately, I got motivated to pull out my ancient 300mm Takumar lens and try for a picture. This lens is about right for APS-C (on my a6400). I used ~F9.5 I got lucky with the weather (clear sky in the direction of the moon). This version is not modified except for a crop.
View attachment 279758

That is a lot of noise. But damn that looks fine at 16000 iso.

View attachment 279758

I woke up at 1:30am for a leak, looked out the window and i thought it was morning. Then i remembered the full moon🤣.

When i know no more birds are gonna turn up for dinner im closing the yard and gonna watch Frozen Empire with some chocolate milk and a bit of pot🤪. Hope the movie is good.

Were not getting baby swans this year since he lost his partner, and i dont know the sex of the new swan that turned up for him??? Also there doing some construction at the reserve and they've 1/2 emptied the small bodied lake.

The water birds aren't happy because it gonna make breeding really hard for them, until it eventually refills. Looks horrible out there atm!

One of the juveniles from last season.
IMG_20240919_171419.jpg

Edgar Friendly,
IMG_20240919_171239.jpg

That is a lot of noise. But damn that looks fine at 16000 iso.
I was going for highest shutter speed because my setup was a bit shaky. It was not really necessary. I think it was stable enough for maybe 1/500 sec. instead of 1/4000 sec. In fact, even the overall exposure could have been dropped a bit. But, it was basically a fun idea before getting some sleep. :)

Back from Maine. Return flight was delayed a couple hours, but we still got into Baltimore before midnight.

House #2 was nice, but it just didn't tick.
House #1 has a lot of potential. Definely some projects (like a big @$$ piece of granite in the back yard that we'd like to remove) but nothing we aren't willing to take on (except the rock -- maybe with explosives). I sent in a proposal this afternoon. We shall see.

Most reactions

Back