The Coffee House

I remember being at school, 5th grade when it happened. We all watched live on the only TV in the school that had cable access. Sine we were just kids we didn't know what was going on. But I remember watching the second plane hitting the south tower live on TV and that was pretty scary, didn't seem real. I remember the teachers panicking and turned the TV off and the school ended up sending us home early. Nobody could focus on class after something like that. I still remember hearing many, many F-16s taking off from Burlington airport here in Vermont which is where the air national guard is. At the time we had like 15-20 fighter jets and it seeing the sky in the area full of military planes was scary for sure because it was no drill.

I'm getting both my flu and C19 jabs tomorrow... I like to live dangerously... 😁 13 is actually my lucky number...
I thought i left my bank card in the atm yesterday a town over, went for groceries this morning and couldn't find it. Was expecting the account to be emptied so i raced home.

Then i remembered i paid bills yesterday at the post office after the atm, i then thought i left it in there eftpos machine or dropped it. Looked through the wallet and there it was tucked away in a different nook in there with the elec & gas cards.

So yeah a friday the 13th morning here Mr😅. Nearly.

Ps. Do they do both shots at the same time now?

Last edited:
I thought i left my bank card in the atm yesterday a town over, went for groceries this morning and couldn't find it. Was expecting the account to be emptied so i raced home.

Then i remembered i paid bills yesterday at the post office after the atm, i then thought i left it in there eftpos machine or dropped it. Looked through the wallet and there it was tucked away in a different nook in there with the elec & gas cards.

So yeah a friday the 13th morning here Mr😅. Nearly.

Ps. Do they do both shots at the same time now?
Yep, they'll give you both. My Frau (an RN) got three, adding RSV to the mix.

Bloody hell so much wool!!

Thumper not a problem he just sat there and let me brush him but Binky, he hates being patted at the best of times and he's not a happy camper now.

Come nabbing time tonight there both getting another brush before they come inside.

Rabbits can't throw up or cough out furballs like cats/dogs ect, not good if it gets stuck in them. Looks like a rabbits been eaten out there with all the wool on the grass.

Bloody hell so much wool!!

Thumper not a problem he just sat there and let me brush him but Binky, he hates being patted at the best of times and he's not a happy camper now.

Come nabbing time tonight there both getting another brush before they come inside.

Rabbits can't throw up or cough out furballs like cats/dogs ect, not good if it gets stuck in them. Looks like a rabbits been eaten out there with all the wool on the grass.
My sheltie Daisy is constantly shedding, and she used to not like brushing, but now she tolerates it. Spring and Autumn are the worst, but she sheds year round.

My sheltie Daisy is constantly shedding, and she used to not like brushing, but now she tolerates it. Spring and Autumn are the worst, but she sheds year round.
Shetlands smaller than collie's i see, still just as furry hey🤪. Can't remember if I've seen a pic of her on here, nudge nudge?

Knock, knock...
IMG_20240913_154043.jpg

Shetlands smaller than collie's i see, still just as furry hey🤪. Can't remember if I've seen a pic of her on here, nudge nudge?
Allow me to introduce you to the somewhat hidden dog forum... 😎 Dogs! Currently, the very last image is our Nixie, and a few images up are some of Daisy... plus lots of other sweet dog photos from other members!

Francine is bringing us some much needed rain. Yesterday was breezy, causing some power outages, especially south and west of us. Ours blinked out once but stayed on after, my friend about a mile away lost power in their neighborhood for a couple hours. We're far enough east of the path that the rain bands haven't been torrential downpours but soaking gentle rains. Something we really need. Supposedly moving NW away from us by tonight.

Food Question:

I've bought "Hot Wasabi Peas" recently. These are sweat peas, coated with a hot (wasabi) mustard and then dried. I think they were probably cooked before being coated. They are very hard, but chewable. Anyway, what I'd like to know is whether they are nutritious. Does anybody know about them?

Food Question:

I've bought "Hot Wasabi Peas" recently. These are sweat peas, coated with a hot (wasabi) mustard and then dried. I think they were probably cooked before being coated. They are very hard, but chewable. Anyway, what I'd like to know is whether they are nutritious. Does anybody know about them?

Good question. I remember buying a nut mix that had those hot wasabi peas in it and phew 🥵

Food Question:

Here is what I found... so the answer is yes, unless you are on a low carb diet. They pretty much have the same Nutrional value as peas, but with more salt I would think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back