The Coffee House

How hot in C?
Last Summer our temps in North Texas got up to 43C (110), with several weeks consistently over 38C. Pair that with high humidity and it just zaps one's energy just stepping out the door. Our normal highs used to be around 36C to 37C. We'll probably see 38C in the coming weeks because a heat dome has moved over the State.

Last Summer our temps in North Texas got up to 43C (110), with several weeks consistently over 38C. Pair that with high humidity and it just zaps one's energy just stepping out the door. Our normal highs used to be around 36C to 37C. We'll probably see 38C in the coming weeks because a heat dome has moved over the State.
32 to 37C
Anything over 22C/71F is to hot😅... northern Texas is pretty barren yeah?

Actually the 3 consecutive LaNina years were only mild summers here in Victoria & not a day over 34 degrees & even the 34 degree days we only had a couple of them. Been great except for all the rain.This summer we got like three 35 degree days but yeah, no scorchers in 4 year's.

Yuck
IMG_8700.jpeg

Got the hot tub just in time 🤣🤣🤮

Well, a manic Monday to one and all! Went out front not long ago to see a new spring bubbling up in the front yard. Too bad it was connected to our water system; the water meter was spinning like the second hand on a clock. Not looking forward to the repair costs or the water bill this next month. At least my water feature is outside. smh So, how is everyone else's Monday going?

Hot for us this week. Thankfully no smoke so far--a bit of a misery for some last summer. Glad we hooked up rain barrels here and at the family ruin. Good chance of watering restrictions this summer.

So there's still plenty of creatures i hope yeah?
Coyotes, bobcats, white tail deer, squirrels, possums, racoons, skunks, armadillos, turkeys, assorted water fowl, birds, etc. Plenty of wildlife. They have an early warning system that spreads the word when someone with more than a cellphone camera is in the area...

Well I haven't seen this before. They're saying air quality is so bad here that they're advising everyone to cut back on driving and refrain from gassing up till after 6pm. I've only been out for short periods. Really feel for alk the poor souls working outside this week.

Well I haven't seen this before. They're saying air quality is so bad here that they're advising everyone to cut back on driving and refrain from gassing up till after 6pm. I've only been out for short periods. Really feel for alk the poor souls working outside this week.
We have a similar warning. It's a massive heat wave across the country this week - from up here to the South where you are, and heading to @SquarePeg too! Air quality seems to suffer during the heat.

At least up here, looks like it will pass through in a few days and we'll be back in the 80sF.

So, how is everyone else's Monday going?
Well, kinda better than yours! All I got was a text from my credit card company asking if I'd just purchased a $2,000 gift card and $480 worth of wine. Since my answer was a fast NO, my card has been canceled and I have to wait for a new one.

Not a big deal, just a PITA. But at least no water feature malfunction was involved. ;)

Well, kinda better than yours! All I got was a text from my credit card company asking if I'd just purchased a $2,000 gift card and $480 worth of wine. Since my answer was a fast NO, my card has been canceled and I have to wait for a new one.

Not a big deal, just a PITA. But at least no water feature malfunction was involved. ;)
I didn't need the gift card, but dang I was kinda looking forward to the wine🤣

That's a real bummer. Banks are petty good when it comes to credit cards, because it's their money, a little less responsive with debit cards because it isn't their money at stake, but they do eventually get things sorted out. I have a feeling that my bank validates my location in relation to the card when it's used via the app in the phone.

Most reactions

Back