The Coffee House

Whew, been busy. Finally broke my unlucky streak this past weekend. Fishing for Bluegill and Stripes with ultra light rod and jigs. Caught so many I actually got tired and quit. Playing catchup this week with accumulated repairs, yard work, and maintenance inbetween rain. Hopefully headed out again on Friday, if the weather cooperates.

MLSIL sent the link for a house listing. The first thing I would do is either remove the pool, or stock it with trout and bass.
This pool, and our previous one, are not permanent. We take it down and put it away in September. It takes about 2 hours to clean and store once it is drained. The old larger pool took 2 hours to set up once we knew what we were doing. I think this one will take about an hour next time. I like that it is temporary and the price was cheap enough. We're going to add a gate on the deck and a ladder from the deck into the pool. This will make it easier for mom to get in and out. Would have done that ages ago but was always worried the kids would start jumping from the deck.

I decided to buy myself something today. These just came out yesterday I believe. My local Best Buy has them in stock.

I been wanting some comfort earphones for my hikes and walks and other stuff that allowed me to retain situational awareness.

PXL_20240606_011749287~2.jpg

These for the Shokz Openfit Air. They are mainly known for their bone conducting versions but I didn't like the way they sounded so I got these and I'm actually quite impressed with the sound quality. They are not as good as in ear phones but these allow you to hear the outside world rather clearly. It's a weird experience of you haven't experienced them before.

I really like the way they look too and boy are they COMFORTABLE! you don't even feel them. I can wear sunglasses and my hat and it's like they aren't even there. I laid down on my bed and I'm heck, I could nap with these on!

PXL_20240605_223634537~2.jpg

I think it's funny they say they are budget earphones but nothing cheap about $120! But they have a lot of tech in them for what they are.

I can't wait to go on a long hike and listen to my music and still enjoy nature and be able to hear
cars or other things.

I decided to buy myself something today. These just came out yesterday I believe. My local Best Buy has them in stock.

I been wanting some comfort earphones for my hikes and walks and other stuff that allowed me to retain situational awareness.

View attachment 275991

These for the Shokz Openfit Air. They are mainly known for their bone conducting versions but I didn't like the way they sounded so I got these and I'm actually quite impressed with the sound quality. They are not as good as in ear phones but these allow you to hear the outside world rather clearly. It's a weird experience of you haven't experienced them before.

I really like the way they look too and boy are they COMFORTABLE! you don't even feel them. I can wear sunglasses and my hat and it's like they aren't even there. I laid down on my bed and I'm heck, I could nap with these on!

View attachment 275992

I think it's funny they say they are budget earphones but nothing cheap about $120! But they have a lot of tech in them for what they are.

I can't wait to go on a long hike and listen to my music and still enjoy nature and be able to hear
cars or other things.

I got myself a pair of Lypertek Tevi wireless a couple of years ago for about the same price, and they are fantastic. I've worn them to the point that I need to get new cusions, but I really like them on my walks. Nice and lightweight, really good sound with graphene drivers, and a battery life that lasts all day and then some. It's always nice to treat ones self to a nice set of sound.

Is This a Cannon Towel?

Here's something I just ran across lately. I remember my family never seemed to buy towels. We used to get them "free" in laundry detergent (Tide?). They were "Cannon" brand towels, probably made in the US. I think I finally realized that there were other brands of towels was when I actually bought them for myself. I'm not sure, but I think this was one of those towels we got free in the detergent boxes.

I don't remember seeing them lately. I guess this kind of promotion doesn't work anymore.

Attachments

• DSC_1887a-rsz1600.JPG
    DSC_1887a-rsz1600.JPG
    443.3 KB · Views: 5
Is This a Cannon Towel?

Here's something I just ran across lately. I remember my family never seemed to buy towels. We used to get them "free" in laundry detergent (Tide?). They were "Cannon" brand towels, probably made in the US. I think I finally realized that there were other brands of towels was when I actually bought them for myself. I'm not sure, but I think this was one of those towels we got free in the detergent boxes.

I don't remember seeing them lately. I guess this kind of promotion doesn't work anymore.
Not that I'm that old... 😂 (OK maybe I am...) but Duz laundry detergent had a washcloth in each box as a promotion. Not sure of the brand of washcloth though, but Cannon wouldn't surprise me. Back then there were very few brands to choose from, and Cannon was one of the most popular.

Update: Looks like Breeze included the washcloths. Duz would put a piece of dinnerware in each box. Thanks to Bing Copilot for the assist.

Last edited:
Is This a Cannon Towel?

I not only remember the towels/wash clothes in detergent, but the feed and flour sacks used to be colorful cloth print, that the thrifty women of the time made into dresses, underwear, towels, curtains, quilts, and other household necessities.

Is the pollen as bad for you there as it is here for me? I never seen it this bad before. Everything is literally coated with a green dust.

PXL_20240606_205106639.jpg

This is my sneakers after walking outside for 5 minutes. It's such a mess!!

My driveway even is green...I know it's hard to tell in the photo, but it's all green.

PXL_20240606_210357018~2.jpg

And well the truck too...

PXL_20240606_210453697.jpg

Need some steady rain to wash it all away!

Is the pollen as bad for you there as it is here for me? I never seen it this bad before. Everything is literally coated with a green dust.

View attachment 276000

This is my sneakers after walking outside for 5 minutes. It's such a mess!!

My driveway even is green...I know it's hard to tell in the photo, but it's all green.

View attachment 276001

And well the truck too...

View attachment 276002

Need some steady rain to wash it all away!
Yep, it's actually a season here in Texas... pollen season... thick yellow green coating everywhere.

Hiya Folks! Hope everyone is having a Terrific Thursday! There was a discussion not long ago about cricket in the US, so this headline from the BBC might be of interest...

USA stun Pakistan in T20 World Cup super over​

T20 World Cup, Group A (Dallas)

Pakistan 159-7 (20 overs):
Babar 44, Shadab 40; Kenjige 3-30

USA 159-7 (20 overs): Monank 50, Jones 36

Happy Friday, hosers!

We're being couch potatoes tonight. I'm celebrating the end of 6 weeks in physical therapy for the strained IT band and knees. I only feel marginally improved but just being able to get away from it for now feels great. :lol: Followup with the orthopedic Dr will tell me what's next.

Tomorrow we're going out to dinner and a play, Sunset Boulevard. Looking forward to it!

Anyone have anything fun or special lined up?

Hi Hosers! Humid here today. Got the new pool up and filled over the weekend. This pool is small compared to the previous one. 14x7 vs 24x12. Water is almost swimmable but still a bit cold for my taste. Give me a hot tub any day!!! In fact that’s the next addition to the backyard. That’s why we needed to downsize the pool. Plus, nobody really goes in it anymore now that princess and my nephews are older - unless we have a party. My mom takes a daily swim though, so we have to have a pool. Starting hot tub research in 5-4-3…

View attachment 275983

Looks inviting! We got a hot tub in 2020 as our vacation that year. I bought a hammock float to float in the tub. So relaxing. The warm water is good for old bones too.

Welp.....not buying this house I found. Seller listed like you can move right in but after inspection they said they will not fix anything. The house would need about 10k of work and I can not do that. Oh well, I have about 2-3 weeks to find another or I'm going to have to find another apartment.

Welp.....not buying this house I found. Seller listed like you can move right in but after inspection they said they will not fix anything. The house would need about 10k of work and I can not do that. Oh well, I have about 2-3 weeks to find another or I'm going to have to find another apartment.
I'm sorry they were deceptive. Hope you find another house soon

I give you credit for having an inspection and sticking to your price. If they can’t/won’t fix anything or lower the price, will they do a give back at closing to buy down your interest rate?

Meanwhile I’m still in my “starter home” 23 years later due to the crazy market here. And now it’s basically my forever home due to my embarrassingly low interest rate from 2021 refi and I’ve been here so long I’m almost an empty nester so this is all the space we need.

Most reactions

Back