Renewing Camera

Fergie38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Canon M3 is broken and I fancy replacing it with a full frame camera. I don't want to go overboard with spending so the Canon EOS RP would seem to be an option.
Opinions welcome.

Canon EOS RP resized.jpg

My Canon M3 is broken and I fancy replacing it with a full frame camera. I don't want to go overboard with spending so the Canon EOS RP would seem to be an option.
Opinions welcome.

View attachment 280222
Great choice. Do it. You may need new lenses.

No clue because we don't know your requirements.

Landscapes, Portrait, Street and anything else that catches my eye.
Hope that helps.

Just wondering if it would be ok to use my existing EFS lenses, or would doing that make it a bit pointless having a full frame camera.

Just wondering if it would be ok to use my existing EFS lenses, or would doing that make it a bit pointless having a full frame camera.
Why do you want a full frame camera?

You would lose the advantages of full-frame if you used APS-C lenses.

I picked up the Canon EOS R about 8 months ago as it was on for an amazing price. Can't go wrong with the RP though its a great camera.

In order to use any EF/EF-S lens on an RF mount body you would need one of the Canon EF to RF mount adapters. Be aware that EF-S lenses are made for APS-C image sensors, so they project a smaller image circle than a full frame EF lens.

This means the camera will enter a crop mode if it detects a Canon EF-S lens has been attached to the mount adapter. Because of the cropping, the full resolution of the sensor will not be retained in the crop images.

So, what does this mean? Well, effectively your 26MP sensor is using only 39%, rendering only aprox 10.3MP which is a significant reduction in quality.

Most reactions

Back