My Walk Today - 07 September 2024 (Pic heavy)

jeffashman

Level 40 Squirrel Warrior
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For the first time in a very long time I really got to go out. The temps were nice, in the mid 80's, although it was very windy. I enjoyed the walk along the shore of Lewisville Lake, and even managed to get some shots. The scent in the air was wonderful, from the legumes and other greenery, and the smell of the lake. I'm really liking this Sony RX10M4.

1 Egret
sep07202401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Egret. Taken through the middle of a shrub.
sep07202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Dragonfly
sep07202404 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 Dragonfly
sep07202405 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5 Skipper with stunted wings
sep07202406 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

6 Egret and Heron
sep07202407 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

7 Did somebody lose a boot?
sep07202408 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

8 Egret in a tree. I wanted to get the shot from a different angle, but the shore was very soft mud and I couldn't get into position, so this is what I was able to get. Shot through the middle of a shrubbery. Neep!
sep07202409 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

9 White Rumped Sandpipers
sep07202410 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

10 White Rumped Sandpiper
sep07202411 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

11 A tire embedded in the mud. I've poste an image of this same tire when the lake level was a lot lower. It is still there a couple of years later.
sep07202412 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

12 Canada Goose
sep07202413 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

13 Canada Goose
sep07202414 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

G'day Jeff

Well mate - you certainly were able to get out and enjoy your walk!
While we do not get Canada Geese here Downunder, we see the others regularly ... incl the odd tyre and shopping basket artistically propped in the shallows

Phil

G'day Jeff

While we do not get Canada Geese here Downunder, we see the others regularly ... incl the odd tyre and shopping basket artistically propped in the shallows

Phil
It's not a basket. It's an artificial nest area. I've seen them all over Canada.

Btw Cool walk. Like the inclusion of the tires, adds character :p

Those tires and gumboots are rare shots Mr, well done🤪.

You out there for a few good hours yeah, you take a sandwich? If canadian geese lay golden eggses i want 1 pls...

G'day Jeff

Phil
Thanks! I have a shot of an old, upturned wicker chair that didn't make it into the set. Will have to add that in later.
It's not a basket. It's an artificial nest area. I've seen them all over Canada.

Btw Cool walk. Like the inclusion of the tires, adds character :p
Thanks! Some of them might be nest platforms, but most of the ones I've seen have been planted with reeds to help stabilize areas of the shoreline.
Those tires and gumboots are rare shots Mr, well done🤪.

You out there for a few good hours yeah, you take a sandwich? If canadian geese lay golden eggses i want 1 pls...
Thanks! Yes, my "I'll only be out for about an hour..." turned into three hours. No sandwiches. I have a better chance of winning Mega Millions than finding the nest with the golden eggs... 😂
A very nice set ....
Thanks!
Kind of productive really. Very nice set.
Thanks! And welcome back!
Nice ones.
Thanks!
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back