Movavi for Editing Videos of My Photography Work?

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a beginner photographer looking to start editing some videos of my photography sessions, like behind-the-scenes clips or showcases of my photos. I came across Movavi and it seems user-friendly, but I’m not sure if it’s suitable for what I want to achieve. Has anyone used Movavi for editing this type of content? Is it good for someone just starting out in video editing?

I'm not familiar with that app. I use Adobe Premiere Elements. It's $100 for a lifetime license and has auto mode to create things quickly as well as a pro mode for more individualized work. You can see some of my creations on my YouTube channels linked below. For another $50 you can get the companion Photoshop Elements for still photos editing. Good luck.

Video editing is video editing, regardless of the subject of the video. Without knowing what you need a specific app to do, it's an exercise in futility to attempt an answer to your query.

Video editing is video editing, regardless of the subject of the video. Without knowing what you need a specific app to do, it's an exercise in futility to attempt an answer to your query.
He said he's new to video editing and needs it for simple purposes like editing short video clips and including slide shows to showcase his photos. He's not doing major video movies for Hollywood.

He said he's new to video editing and needs it for simple purposes like editing short video clips and including slide shows to showcase his photos. He's not doing major video movies for Hollywood.

That describes 99.99% of video editing apps.

That describes 99.99% of video editing apps.
That's not true. Many are geared toward professionals like Adobe Premier Pro as ooposed to Adobe Premiere Elements which I use. The latter also has automatic video assembly and editing which sounds like what he might want. If you know of other simple types, which are they?

That's not true. Many are geared toward professionals like Adobe Premier Pro as ooposed to Adobe Premiere Elements which I use. The latter also has automatic video assembly and editing which sounds like what he might want. If you know of other simple types, which are they?

I'm confused now. All these top-tier apps can't handle simple drag-n-drops into the timeline? Where did this 'automatic assembly and editing' enter into it?

He's not looking for a top tier app.

... The latter also has automatic video assembly and editing which sounds like what he might want. ...

Hence my confusion. I can't image ANY app that doesn't allow one to simply drag-n-drop clips into the timeline without all the bells and whistles.

I haven't personally tried Movavi but I've heard it's fine. I use Clipify, it's simple and has built-in video instructions which is super convenient if you're a beginner or do video editing once a year.

I’ve used Movavi, it’s a good basic editor. Was worth the money at the time I needed to edit clips into a longer video.

Depending on how old your computer is, Microsoft has an older program called "Movie Maker which is available on the older Windows 7and older PCs. I have it on one of my older PCs and love how it works. It is very easy to use. I do believe Microsoft has an online program you can use which can be accessed on Windows 11.

Most reactions

Back