I think this bird likes me

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I go to an old abandoned golf course sometimes to shoot birds. Every time I go, it seems like this Red Tail shows up and checks me out. He flew over then circled a couple of times giving me some good angles. Later, heading back after walking the full 18 holes, he was sitting on top of a tree watching me. I guess turn about is fair play?

1I1A2110_1200px.jpg

1I1A2119_1200px.jpg

1I1A2257_1200px.jpg

Wonderful shots! Really like #3. From the yellow around the beak, I'd say this is a fairly young bird just out of the nest. May not know about photographers yet...

I go to an old abandoned golf course sometimes to shoot birds. Every time I go, it seems like this Red Tail shows up and checks me out. He flew over then circled a couple of times giving me some good angles. Later, heading back after walking the full 18 holes, he was sitting on top of a tree watching me. I guess turn about is fair play?

View attachment 273732
View attachment 273733
View attachment 273734
Excellent shots, Mitch. Sure is a dark phase. Is this breeding plumage?

#3 is a real standout! I agree about the yellow coloring around that beak. He may be a juvenile. Curious about everything.

Great shots but No.3 is spectacular, beautiful portrait.

Thanks everybody! I've seen him there before, and kind of the same thing. I'm used to birds being skittish, so it feels a little weird. I hope he doesn't come to trust people too much for his own safety!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back