Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

A climbing rose that I ordered online arrived today. It shipped as a bare root so it’s currently soaking in water (roots only) per the instructions that came with it. It’s a Zephirine Drouhin Climbing Rose. I wanted something with a nice smell - this one supposedly has a strong raspberry scent. I love my knockout roses, because they’re easy but they don’t have any scent.

I’m hoping it will look like the photo as I’ll be putting it alongside my large living room window where the brick face is.

IMG_7460.jpeg

Beautiful roses Jeff and a really nice way to honor your son’s memory. I hope you think about the happy times when you see it in bloom.

A climbing rose that I ordered online arrived today. It shipped as a bare root so it’s currently soaking in water (roots only) per the instructions that came with it. It’s a Zephirine Drouhin Climbing Rose. I wanted something with a nice smell - this one supposedly has a strong raspberry scent. I love my knockout roses, because they’re easy but they don’t have any scent.

I’m hoping it will look like the photo as I’ll be putting it alongside my large living room window where the brick face is.

View attachment 273652

Beautiful roses Jeff and a really nice way to honor your son’s memory. I hope you think about the happy times when you see it in bloom.
Want fragrance? Go for old Bourbons and damask varieties.

A new addition to the back patio, a Dipladenia. Hoping to lure in the humming birds for some photos without a feeder in the picture.
apr14202301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
I think they’ll like that one. Another good bet is the one they call a Mexican firecracker plant. I can’t remember the real name. They loved it.

I also added some Pelargoniums (annual geranium) although I would love to get my hands on some perennial geraniums, and more Petunias, but pix of those will have to wait a week or two when they have more than just one or two flowers.
apr14202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Wow, such great flower shots already! The only ones in bloom in my yard are a little stand of crocuses. We had high winds yesterday that about laid them to the ground.

Beautiful day here, too! Another few days like this and I expect to see all the trees popping open. :)

I love the idea of climbing roses, but not on the house - per hubby's request. So I'd need a trellis that could handle something without becoming overwhelmed in a few years, and as carefree a varietal that I could get for Zone 6. Any suggestions?

The strawberry bed, theres 3 varieties in there and the rabbits dont like the strawberries only the leaves they'll eat.
IMG_20240415_143216.jpg

IMG_20240415_143518.jpg

The largest one so far, 63 grams. It was very tasty!
IMG_20240415_143610.jpg

Anyone got strawberries going on in the northern hemisphere?

The strawberry bed, theres 3 varieties in there and the rabbits dont like the strawberries only the leaves they'll eat.
View attachment 273900
View attachment 273901

The largest one so far, 63 grams. It was very tasty!

Anyone got strawberries going on in the northern hemisphere?

i'm so jealous! Ive been trying for years to grow these! The rolly pollies always get them :(

i'm so jealous! Ive been trying for years to grow these! The rolly pollies always get them :(
Little buggers, try to harvest every day and leave a few eaten one's in the bed for them to snack on. Gotta share with the creatures🤣.

The black ants here nibble little holes in mine but i just slice that bit off. Slugs and snails do the most damage though, gotta use a bit of bait for them even though i dont like to do that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back