Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

Built a grapevine trellis a few years back, flame seedless & crimson red seedless. This is from year 2, but im into year 3 and trained all the lateral branches but im not ready to show a pic of this yet.
IMG_20240429_150756.jpg

Was the frst year of some fruit, the flame fruit was small & spindley because the vine was putting energy into growing the lateral branchs i was told.

They should be better next season, and the bloody black birds nicked all the fruit off the crimson vine. So it's all gonna be netted next season.

Santarosa plum tree on the right... anyone else growing grapes?

Built a grapevine trellis a few years back, flame seedless & crimson red seedless. This is from year 2, but im into year 3 and trained all the lateral branches but im not ready to show a pic of this yet.View attachment 274522

Was the frst year of some fruit, the flame fruit was small & spindley because the vine was putting energy into growing the lateral branchs i was told.

They should be better next season, and the bloody black birds nicked all the fruit off the crimson vine. So it's all gonna be netted next season.

Is that a rabbit run or a chicken run?

Is that a rabbit run or a chicken run?

Thats for my 2 little men Thumper and Binky.

There only in the hutch and pen area when were camping out in the backyard at night time, other wise they have a big yard to be free roaming bunnys in🤪.

They sleep in the lounge room at night, and there litter trained. Very clever boys, whoops i mean little men🤣.
IMG_20240429_185744.jpg
IMG_20240429_185606.jpg

IMG_20240429_190525.jpg

Tough little Tarda tulips, among the earliest species varieties from the late1500s. Some of the first up and blooming here. Very hardy. Naturalize easily if they're in a happy place. Much loved for the early color. Just a grab shot off the front steps today. Worth trying if they're new to y'all.

View attachment 274503
Wonderful! I have not seen these before.

Bought some potted ranunculus because I don't have a green house so impossible to grow from corms for me. They’re short lived here as they fade away when temps get consistently into the 80’s. It’s too bad because they’re so pretty!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Bought some potted ranunculus because I don't have a green house so impossible to grow from corms for me. They’re short lived here as they fade away when temps get consistently into the 80’s. It’s too bad because they’re so pretty!

View attachment 274551
Wow, they don't tolerate the 80sF temps? Definitely a Northern bloom! So pretty, though - the ones in front look very delicate with the pink and yellow.

These wouldn't have stood a chance past February in the South. :lol:

Built a grapevine trellis a few years back, flame seedless & crimson red seedless. This is from year 2, but im into year 3 and trained all the lateral branches but im not ready to show a pic of this yet.View attachment 274522

Much-loved bunnies, obviously.

We run out of places to plant… so we got creative
Done the same thing for a buddy the other month ago, but his barrow had a huge hole in the bottom. Chook wire wrapped around some lattice off cut solved that problem👍.

Much-loved bunnies, obviously.
Indeed, very much so.

Other garden project was building a new back gate, bottom having done that mum wanted a trellis type gate for the front garden , top
5B4465E2-F917-43F3-9004-155B1302F380.jpeg
6F5E856D-2C8D-4FB8-AE0D-6C9301F3AC99.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back