Darkroom or Lightroom?

Sorry, I've been late getting back here, and have been impressed with you all.
As I stated, I'm no pro, and mainly love shooting for fun,,, holidays, airshows etc. Especially with age against me :chuncky:
So I will take advice and just play around with Affinity Photo 2, I won't bin Lightroom yet, even though it's only v5.
Cheers again guys.
Bob

Right guys, I've purchased Affinity Photo 2 for the reduced price on £33.99.
I'll get started on it when back from holiday.

I have used it and it is OK. As I remember, it can be a bit cryptic and glitchy but does have some pretty neat features. Depending on what brand of camera you shoot, there may be free editing software available for download from the manufacture. I do know that Nikon has NX Studio that is (imho) excellent but will not work with RAW files from cameras other than Nikon. Lightroom is only available as a subscription these days which is a big turnoff for some folks. I resisted for years but broke down when I got my new desktop and pay the monthly fee. I use it daily so it is well worth it for me. Adobe is the standard by which all other photo editing software is measured.

I think you'll like Affinity, excellent, and I've never found it 'glitchy', but like any very 'deep' application there will be a steep learning curve, no different to psd in that respect. You'll need another application to work with RAW files, but the one I got was cheap and is good.

No need for those exploitative subscription applications.

thanks for replies.
I have two cameras both Panasonic... a- G6 and an- FZ300 bridge, with a small sensor. (would that be a problem do you think)?
i'm a new-ish user for editing, that's why I opted for the- photo 2 instead of Lightroom, which I probably would've tried my hand at.
I guess I'm gonna spend a lot of time with the tutorials on Photo 2 :uncomfortableness:

Most reactions

Back