"You have been selected to apply for the Photoshop pre-release" Anyone else?

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
According to the e-mail, "You've been selected to apply for the Photoshop pre-release, which includes Photoshop on the iPad. The link in this email is just for you, so please don't forward or share." Just wondering how many others received this "exclusive" offer.

Not me, not important enough I suppose.........

Well aren't you special! LOL Nothing for me either, but if you'll send me all your bank information I have a special deal "just for you" on a brand new camera package. I'd be contacting Adobe first.

Not here.

I hover over the inks or copy and paste into the browser before I go.

Nothing here. Like others I would be going to Adobe home site and looking. The fact that they don’t want you to share would put me off. Normally they would want you to pass something like this on to everyone
Hay come look at our new product tell your friends and so on.

Thanks all - I've verified that it's legitimate (I'm pretty damn paranoid about scams) - just curious to see if others had received it... after all, Ma' always did tell me I was special...

I don't subscribe, I just bought it, so I wouldn't have gotten anything. But the part that seems odd is the link is only for you...?? I mean, we know you're special! but still...

Thanks all - I've verified that it's legitimate (I'm pretty damn paranoid about scams) - just curious to see if others had received it... after all, Ma' always did tell me I was special...

How did you verify it?
By contacting Adobe. That aside, all the links, e-mail addresses, etc were valid (that is, no, "info@_adobe.com", etc), so I wasn't concerned, more just idle curiosity.

any guess as to what the monthly tithe will be??

Nothing for me but then again I dislike "i-tech" interfaces and such so I'd likely consider it a punishment if I had to use an i-pad ;)

Neat though and getting photoshop - even in basic form - on touchpads and such is a big step forward esp if it comes on a default subscription package. Tablets are getting to the point where they are slipping in to replace laptops for many people and even a casual quick display and dirty "balance and crop" can be enough to show a proof to someone in a nice large tablet screen not just a tiny camera back.

The fact that they don’t want you to share would put me off. Normally they would want you to pass something like this on to everyone
Marketing 101.

The fact that they don’t want you to share would put me off. Normally they would want you to pass something like this on to everyone
Marketing 101.

If they aren't wanting you to pass it on then its not yet fully in marketing, its in product testing where it does actually benefit them having some limits on how many take part. That way they can test features, get feedback and go through it in finer detail than if it got released to the masses. Sometimes too much information and too many viewpoints all at once only confuses and complicates an issue.

Games do it all the time with limited access alpha's and betas though often they just put a charge on it as a the limiter; but some will limit it further. Again the tighter the limit the more they can drill down into the data even to an individual level.

Sometimes there can also be legal and distribution aspects to it as well.

Beta testing, now that makes more sense. One way to find the kinks in a programme
If this is beta software. Recommend that you back up Everything just in case your computer finds a clinch and crashes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back