would this speedlight be compatible for a Nikon D500

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon Speed Light SB25.. just curious.. because it is selling cheap.. and I need a speedlight.. thanks and while I am asking.. I also would like some information on the older
Nikon Sigma Telephoto Zoom 1:3.5~4-22 f=80~200mm or Sigma Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 f=80-200mm multi-coated o52 Lens ..just thinking of getting some spare lens so I am investigate and experience some others besides the ones I have.. thanks

Last edited:
The speedlight will be 'quasi-compatible'. It will trigger, but won't have TTL capability. It will work just fine in manual however. Can't comment on the lens.

The speedlight will be 'quasi-compatible'. It will trigger, but won't have TTL capability. It will work just fine in manual however. Can't comment on the lens.
thank you.. I will put it in manual then .. at least I will have one for now.

thank you.. I will put it in manual then .. at least I will have one for now.
do you know if this lens would be compatible ,,thank you NIKON NIKKOR AF 35-70mm 1:3.3-4.5 Zoom Lens

My first autofocus lens ever was the 35 to 70 that you are looking at. It will work fine on any Nikon that has an in-body Focus motor. This is not a great lens, so you should not pay more than $45 or so.

My first autofocus lens ever was the 35 to 70 that you are looking at. It will work fine on any Nikon that has an in-body Focus motor. This is not a great lens, so you should not pay more than $45 or so.
thank you.. I scratched that one what about a Nikon Zoom-Nikkor 43-86mm f/3.5 AI Lens just looking for different types to play with

I personally would rather have an autofocus lens. The Nikon 43-86 Zoom has earned a bad reputation, largely based upon how bad the first version was,but there is one forum member here who has a later production model, which he likes.
I would not buy a lens which is listed as AI, since it could be 40 years old or older. I would instead by a lens which is listed as AI-S, which would make it post 1977 in most cases, and much more likely to be a 1980s model or newer. If I had my druthers I would stick to AF or AF-D lenses. I do not mean to scare you away from the 35 to 70 f / 3.3... it was the original kit lens for early Nikon film autofocus cameras in the late 1980s and in the early 1990s. It is small and simple

Last edited:
thank you.have helped me alt and I appreciate it!!

I am the one Derrel is referring to on the the 43-86. Mine is the later model but I got it for next to nothing and was very surprised it was not as awful as everyone said. I use it on my manual film bodies. It will CA on a digital body, no doubt, and I don't recommend one because getting lucky will probably not happen. I know its tempting to buy cheap lenses but often times it will serve more as a paper weight. Find yourself a good deal on a Nikon series E, AI-S 100mm f2.8 if your looking for a cheap but under rated manual lens. The lens is a strong performer. Flash is not a big deal. I use an even older one on my D610, no ttl. If you save up, get a godox 685N ttl and a x1 trigger. That way you could use ttl if you want or even HSS if your body has that feature.

I am the one Derrel is referring to on the the 43-86. Mine is the later model but I got it for next to nothing and was very surprised it was not as awful as everyone said. I use it on my manual film bodies. It will CA on a digital body, no doubt, and I don't recommend one because getting lucky will probably not happen. I know its tempting to buy cheap lenses but often times it will serve more as a paper weight. Find yourself a good deal on a Nikon series E, AI-S 100mm f2.8 if your looking for a cheap but under rated manual lens. The lens is a strong performer. Flash is not a big deal. I use an even older one on my D610, no ttl. If you save up, get a godox 685N ttl and a x1 trigger. That way you could use ttl if you want or even HSS if your body has that feature.
I am so glad I asked.. !!
thanks for the great tips ..I am going to look into this lens you mentioned.. that's what I needed to know.. a cheap lens that performs well.. not a cheap lens that I will use as a paperweight.. right now going to buy a new pc.. but I wish it were a new lens.. but I will be very thrilled to find some reasonably priced lenses that teach me and give me some fun while I am learning.. thanks again

I am thinking of getting this older lens.. suppose to be in great condition.. what do you think....Nikon AF Nikkor 70-210mm F/4-5.6 D DSLR Camera Zoom Lens

It's inexpensive , yet decent. If you are looking for reviews of older equipment Ken Rockwell's website has lots of lens reviews. The price of an older lens play get big part in what time might think of it. For example the lens you list--if it's $50 or $75 I think pretty highly of it, however if it is $200 to $300 I don't think it's nearly worth that...

Last edited:
It's inexpensive , yet decent. If you are looking for reviews of older equipment Ken Rockwell's website has lots of lens reviews. The price of an older lens play get big part in what time might think of it. For example the lense you list if it's $50 or $75 I think pretty highly of it, however if it is $200 to $300 I don't think it's nearly worth that...
yes around $65.. and says in good glass no fungus shape.. as long as it is compatible with d500 I look forward to using a Nikkor Nikon lens vs my tamron lenses..I eventually will completely go over to Nikon lenses..no more tamrons.. not that they are bad.. I just think the Nikon would do better with a Nikon camera,, am I right...thanks

If you want the e series 100 f2.8, I can send it to you no charge. I don't use it much, I tend to use the 85 1.8 AF-D instead or the AI-S 135 2.8. Its in perfect condition but keep in mind it is AI-S and manual focus. PM me your name address etc and Ill send it you if your interested... free

Its a wonderful piece of glass, seriously. The focal length is weird to my eyes so I tend shy away from it. Im a 50 guy. The 85 is somewhat normal, the 135 is annoying but the line draw slaps me upside my head. I look like a disco dancer when the 100 is on my body.

Most reactions

Back