Why did you buy a Sony?

Cost of entry. Sony offers the best features for the price in the entry level cameras. Outstanding finacing through the Sony store. (atleast in 2008)

Last edited:
My first camera was a A33, and I upgraded to an A55. I too was sold on the feel of the camera, and when I compared the specs on Nikon, Cannon as well, for the price Sony was no brainer. I take beautiful pictures with it, and I love the fold out and flip LCD screen. Also, enjoy the 10 pics per second shoots. It is not perfect a perfect a camera, and after reading specifications on other cameras, they too suffer where Sony is more advanced and vice versa. I have film developed regularly at a local camera shop, and the employees have told me that Sony camera sells are higher than any other right now. I saw a signature on someone's thread that said something like this, "the camera you have is the one you like." I agree with that. I don't know what camera I will have 5 years from now due to technology changing so fastly, but for the next few years this camera is well equipped to meet my needs. "Don't put down, what you don't own"

My first DSLR was a Sony A200. I bought it because I was a total noob and didn't know what I was getting myself into. It had a CCD sensor when Canon and Nikon had already switched to CMOS. The noise handling was substandard and the AF was slow.The high price of lenses was another deterrent from staying with Sony. I should have done more research before buying a Sony. So I in turn made the switch to Canon and haven't regretted it.

Got my a200 cause it was affordable. Got an upgrade to a a580 because it has the same cmos sensor as the d7000 and all my lenses still work with it. Oh and who helped nikon develop the new sensor for the d800?

DiskoJoe said:
Got my a200 cause it was affordable. Got an upgrade to a a580 because it has the same cmos sensor as the d7000 and all my lenses still work with it. Oh and who helped nikon develop the new sensor for the d800?

Nikon developed and designed it. Sony manufactured it to nikon's specs with Nikon's steppers. AFAIK

DiskoJoe said:

Nikon developed and designed it. Sony manufactured it to nikon's specs with Nikon's steppers. AFAIK

I knew that would get a response out of you. Just a cheap poke. I did make sure to specify, "helped nikon." I was pretty surprised when I found out they had anything to do with it at all. Its definitely a good sign for Sony.

Most of my info is just from the rumors site.
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/nikon-d800-with-sonys-36-megapixel-sensor-announced/

Last edited:
I got an a330 for christmas from my parents for a beginner 5 years ago that was an amazing beginner camera the only issue I had a problems with was the lenses were very pricey while so are other higher grade lenses like an "L" from canon after a while I discovered that you can get old manolta lenses which was kinda sweet then i out grew the sony and ended up buying a canon 60D with a few lenses but it was great I wish I held onto it for a simple 2nd shooter.

Does Sony make a full frame camera yet

My was completely serendipitous; it was attached to the Zeiss lens that I bought.

Joe

P.S. Same thing happened with my Canon, as a matter of fact now that I think about it that's how I got my Samsung too -- there it was on the back of my Schneider lens.

Unless I see photos of Kerri Doolittle taking photos of animals whilst talking to them in her law firm office, that post is being reported as spam. You have 1 hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Sony make a full frame camera yet

They have for years now.

Joe

Not Correct. there first Full Frame Digital SLR will be the A99 coming out this year :

Sony Full Frame Coming Soon « NEW CAMERA

Sony is going to challenge Nikon & Canon for the first time in the FF market.

Google a900 and a850 both introduced in 2008. It appears they are out of production while they switch to the new FF camera.

They also have the a37 coming out which will be an entry level full frame camera. The A900 is still a great camera in capable hands especially when strapped with Zeiss glass. A99 should be a beast of a camera.

Personally I just got my new a580 in the mail yesterday. That thing is a huge upgrade from my a200. I have to admit I really like having live view.

Most reactions

Back