Who Likes To Photograph Waterfalls?

Thanks Milford CT.

Lots of great photos, I think almost everyone likes waterfalls.

My wife and I visited a lot of waterfalls as we drove across the Michigan UP in late July and early August a few years back. Some easy to find, others a little off the beaten path.

One in particular was at the end of a long dirt road. We pulled into a small parking area at the trail head and as soon as we stopped the truck, a cloud of mosquitoes rose from the grass and black files descended on the truck mirrors.

So, I told my wife, the only way we were going to hike to that waterfall..... was on snowshoes, because we sure we're not getting out on the truck that day. :) :)

It seems we now have a 'waterfall' themed thread thanks to Photo7360!
What's your name?

There are natural waterfalls in New Mexico, but many are not consistently present. Our natural falls are more likely to have water during spring snow melt. We have slot canyons which can have waterfalls, but are severely dangerous during our monsoon season. Distant rain can lead to death for the ill informed or unwary.
Here is a man-made waterfall, part of the Japanese garden section of our local botanic garden. Before the pandemic it was a favorite haunt of ours.

a weed growing on a rock at the waterfall

It seems we now have a 'waterfall' themed thread thanks to Photo7360!
What's your name?

I"m glad you like the thread. There have been some very beautiful shots posted.

Thank you to all who contributed and I hope more keep contributing.

A couple more...

Latourell Falls in the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon

20100509_42a.jpg

Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side

821JS-033a.jpg

A wee one in Glen Etive, Scotland

20130613_104s.jpg

Most reactions

Back