MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1I1A9331_1200px.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Really nice. You sure seem to know your birds by their type etc. I wouldn't have a clue.

Really nice. You sure seem to know your birds by their type etc. I wouldn't have a clue.
I don't know squat about birds lol. I use Google Lens to get bird IDs, and even they get it wrong sometimes.

Absolute beautiful photo

Where did you take it? Black-Shouldered Kites are native to Australia. I would get the Merlin app for your smartphone. It will really help with bird indentification.

Last edited:
Where did you take it? Black-Shouldered Kites are native to Australia. I would get the Merlin app for your smartphone. It will really help with bird indentification.
Apparently I can't even interpret what Google tells me! It's actually a Black Winged Kite. Sorry about that. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Apparently I can't even interpret what Google tells me! It's actually a Black Winged Kite. Sorry about that. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Probably not a Black-winged Kite either. Black-winged range is Europe, Africa, and stretching into southeast Asia. Since you’re in California I’d say this is a White-tailed Kite. BTW-this is really a good photo.

Dramatic and beautiful - wonderful shot! It's a tad soft, but for me this only adds to the ethereal feel of the shot. Gives it a painterly look.

You must figure out what kind of kite he is, so I can nominate this image for POTM! ;)

Great shot, perfectly captured moment!

Probably not a Black-winged Kite either. Black-winged range is Europe, Africa, and stretching into southeast Asia. Since you’re in California I’d say this is a White-tailed Kite. BTW-this is really a good photo.
I changed the title to reflect the more accurate data. Thanks for catching it!

Dramatic and beautiful - wonderful shot! It's a tad soft, but for me this only adds to the ethereal feel of the shot. Gives it a painterly look.

You must figure out what kind of kite he is, so I can nominate this image for POTM! ;)
Yay!! I changed the title. It is indeed a white tailed kite. "Its white underparts, gleaming white tail, and black shoulder patches are its other marks of distinction."

Most reactions

Back