Weekly challenge 10/6 - 10/12 Shawty got low low low low

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week's challenge, let's get down! Change your perspective and get low. Subject can be anything you like but make sure if you're getting a lot of distortion it's part of your vision and adds to the shot. If you don't have a flip out screen, this may take some serious maneuvering on your part. Be sure to stretch first! My number one tip for shooting low - I keep an old yoga mat in my car for when it's muddy or damp out and I sometimes take along one of those garden kneelers to cushion my knees when I'll be on rocky ground. If you're young you can ignore that last tip (for now).

As always, new photos only for this challenge. Get out there and shoot!

Here are a few helpful links if you need some creative inspiration:

7 Tips For Great Low Angle Shots

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/31/crash-course-low-angle-photo-composition/

Low-angle shot - Wikipedia

I just took this one on Sunday (forgive the few days old photo, I’m home sick right now). I posted up about three steps down so I could get a lower perspective.

Since I’m kind of tall, I drop down low a lot in order to get a different perspective. It doesn’t even need to be too much, just let yourself see things a bit differently.

IMG_6726.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that dog sleeps like a sting ray

Pretty close to directly overhead.
_IMG_7532iPhone SE.JPG

Crows.

This was cropped from a horizontal iPhone SE shot. 1/3000 second at f/2.2, ISO 25.

The one at the top has a whole walnut held in its beak. I shot this today at lunch as a "murder of crows" flew around and around near where I was.

Most reactions

Back