Weekly challenge 1/5 - 1/11 Black and White landscapes

Good timing for me. Was going to go into the seedy part of Detroit today for a project shoot. I was fired up for it but my brother backed out on me last minute. I was going to teach him how to manage the hood when street shooting. I think he was scared, which is OK but he doesn't hear me when I tell tell him, "most people are good" , it's the 5 % you have to watch out for. This will work in it's place. I am not a landscape guy

View attachment 167576

View attachment 167577

View attachment 167578

View attachment 167579
Love the reflections in the 2nd photo.

Nice Photos guys. I just joined today my new camera will be here monday hopefully I can get something in in time for this one

Welcome. The thread stays open to new posts after the deadline so feel free to add to it whenever you like.

Great I always wanted to do a shot of this place now a reason.

It is an old powerhouse on the rock river so theres water bridges 15 to 20 ft spillways spewing water so a lot of good elements

I think the assignment was to take three. Well, I took 42. And combine them into a single image. I am still learning the image compositing tool, and there are things about this I am not satisfied with. But, it was still fun and I learned from the experience.

This is shot at the Air Force Memorial in Arlington Virginia. Oh, and today is anything but bleek. The color version of this image is loaded with deep blue.

Stitch1_high-01-1600x669.jpeg

Not a landscape but couldnt resist. this is shot from my office through kitchen door I kinda like the Vintage look of the kitchen lol since house was built 1903 its definatley vintage. and this is straight out of my Nikon Coolpix no editing though I bet some post could make it pop. I kinda wanted to look at the composition and though it is messy I kinda like the dark foreground with the light background what do you guys think?

View attachment 167627

Since this is not a landscape, I'm going to ask that you delete it and move it to a more appropriate thread please. There is the black and white gallery where you can start your own thread for this photo or take a look through the "themes" forum and find a better suited thread please. Thanks!

Fuji X-E1 + Meike 6.5mm circular fisheye lens
So, time for some experiments this week: combination of positive and negative layers.

Nice! I've been toying with the idea of getting a wide angle but this takes it to the next level. Wow. Share more.

Well I am not sure how to post link to flicker image yet but here are my 3. These were taken with Nikon Coolpix A10 camera which is just a cheap pocket auto camera. 10 degrees out, Overcast, 30-40 mph winds.

lol went out by river too I was on a shooting spree took 51 photos today all in black and white. Also all 3 are of the same spot from 3 different angles. They are raw from the camera which puts them out as JPG no post done

Creek-02.png
Creek-03.png

Creek-01.png

Last edited:
Sunrise in Oklahoma.
Iphone 6+ shot, processed in BW, then popped with infared effect filter and smoothing.
IMG_7098_dxo-pano.2small.jpg

Not the best conversion as I converted to BNW from JPG for this challenge; but here's some more winter mountain drama, Seeing the clouds rise up the side of the mountain from the warmer air in the city to the cold mountain with the snow falling;

Oh_The_Drama.jpg

You guys are killing it this week! Great stuff. I’m so swamped at work that I may not make it out of the house this week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back