Wedding Ad Feedback?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

So I'm currently working on a Facebook advertising campaign, and would like some feedback. Here are two different versions I'm currently considering.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.44.47 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 3.47.34 AM.jpg

Both are similar, but focus on different aspects of what I'm offering. The first one is appealing moreso to the vein side, I suppose, of potential brides, encouraging them to get amazing photos they can show off to their friends. It's also more focused on the free album I'm offering.

The second one is more focused on me as a photographer, and doesn't really mention the album, except in the text below. It's also more focused on creating a sense of urgency ("book now!"). I also used emoji's in this one, which I've been told is effective. And both of the images are actually videos playing a slide show similar to the one used on the homepage of my website.

I'm open to having a combination of the two, or even something completely different. This is just a starting point. I'm also not dead set on even offering/advertising a free album (does that make me look cheap if I'm giving away albums?). I'm planning to invest a decent amount in these ads as opposed to doing the wedding expo this year, so I want to make it the best I possibly can. Please feel free to share with the bride(s) in your life, who may be able to offer some valuable insight as well.

Thanks so much!

Personally, I'm not a fan of emoji's but I've zero experience with FB ads. I would maybe try to focus your text on "the wedding", "The Day", the once in a lifetime aspect, something to keep forever and relive that day. To me, the text isn't selling that feeling of capturing their magical moments.. Just one mans opinion..

As above emojis are better left out. Since I suspect that wedding photography is more within the realm of the female side of the union, hopefully there will be some of the ladies chime in. I'm curious why the ad versus a continuous running FB page (Or maybe you have one already). Our friends with the wedding venue have FB page and they stay booked. The Barn at Garrard Circle one thing she does is she's a prolific poster. I think if a bird lands on a tree it ends up on the page.

Maybe also include a little sentence or teaser on why choose you, what unique it is that you’re offering, at least that might get a few more in the hook to look into your portfolio a little more :)

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Not really a fan of either one... remember that in at least half the cases, you need to appeal to the parents as well as the couple, and there are many couples getting married later in life, so I would recommend a more professional, conservative approach.

Don't forget to sell yourself...
"Getting married soon? Now's the time to choose your photographer. You want the very best for your wedding day, and in <area>, that's Enchanted Weddings by Daryll Morgan Photography. I will record the magic of your day and create amazing images that you will be proud to share with family and friends and enjoy for years to come..."

I think the free album is a good hook, but I would have some limits; ie, # of pages, how long the offer is good for, etc.

Not really a fan of either one... remember that in at least half the cases, you need to appeal to the parents as well as the couple, and there are many couples getting married later in life, so I would recommend a more professional, conservative approach.

I disagree with this slightly -- even if the parents are bankrolling it, I'd imagine most brides get final say. I'd also say that the tradition of parents paying for weddings is waning, too. At 31, I've been to a dozen weddings in the past few years, and all but 2 or 3 were paid for by the couple themselves.

We've done some advertising for our brewery on Facebook recently. It was super effective in increasing our reach. I think your problem is going to be focusing your ad to only reach potential customers, otherwise it is a waste of money. For us -- we focused our ad to essentially our county, to people who have shown that they drink craft beverages, who are aged 21-60. We increased the number of follows on our page by about 300 in a few days, and got several thousand dollars (not bad for $60! :) ) in Kickstarter donations that way. I wonder if there is an algorithm that Facebook has to identify "potential brides" or "potential grooms" or that kind of thing. If I saw your ad on Facebook, I wouldn't click on it. (Not because the ad is bad...because it's a service I don't need)

I also wonder if you'd be better off splitting to some of your advertising to Instagram, where you can also promote to specific tags that people might be looking at if they are a potential bride.

.. would like some feedback.
Hello!

Do you plan to make any changes based on the feedback you receive?

Besides hearing from people about the use of emojis, etc., do you have any business people advising you?

Do you have a written business plan?

The reason I am asking is that in the past I have not noticed you taking any feedback to heart. Your usual response is to argue or offer excuses. If you do have a business plan, are these ads reflected in any part of it?

I wish you luck and success.

Emojies turn me off immediately. Especially in advertising. I find it immature.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make some changes.

I really don't like emoji's either, but apparently they're effective, so I will have to do more research on that.

As for targeting, Facebook actually has a perfect demographic option for that.

My current targeting is:

Women
Age 24-40
in Virginia
"Newly engaged (1 month)"
"Newly engaged (3 months)"
"Newly engaged (6 months)"

With a budget of $300, running the ad through Valentines day, my expected reach is about 19,000. If just one of those 19,000 people books me, even for a budget wedding, it should be worth it.

Alright, so I really liked John's take on the ad. Here is a revised version, with some edits.

New Ad.JPG

I'd also like to get @Vtec44 's input, if you have some time!

You mean you wouldn't click on this email? I need to remove myself from their email list pronto...

Emoji Ad.jpg

I agree with what has already been said...............

Would love feedback on version 3.

You mean you wouldn't click on this email? I need to remove myself from their email list pronto...

View attachment 166571
Hahaha. No, I absolutely would not. I find it so unprofessional. Of course, I'm also that person who gets annoyed when an adult coworker walks around saying "whatevs!". Maybe I'm just old and cranky?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back