UK Meet-Up: Sites, Places, Scenery - the odd attempt at "ArtyFarty"

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After we have two threads on each other and how we take photos of each other ;), the time has come for a third thread of WHERE WE WERE, I think, and of WHAT WE SAW, other than the inside of pubs and ourselves ;) ... or the blur of the countryside out of the car window when once again we got lost.

So I mean to begin sending in photos that do not show TPF Members, but some of what we all saw. Maybe Matt could sticky this one, too, so we can all collect our Landscape-And-Sites-Pics here?

HG1.jpg

Venue of our very first meeting each other

HG2.jpg

This one actually turned out to be our fourth pub of the day, to round off the funniest Saturday I've had in ages, The Cross Keys Bar, also in Saffron Walden.

HG3.jpg

Detail of one of the ancient old houses in Saffron Walden

HG4.jpg

When our feet got lame and our throats went dry, The Old English Gentleman came in handy - second pub :).

HG5.jpg

Part of the organ in St. Mary's Church in Saffron Walden

HG6.jpg

The nave (I hope this is...) of St. Mary's Church in Saffron Walden

HG7.jpg

Detail of a church window of St. Mary's in Saffron Walden

HG8.jpg

Audley End House - which we only saw from afar, since there was a wedding function soon to be starting, so we would only have had minutes to walk the grounds - and that for the entrance fee they wanted. No...

HG9.jpg

Audley End House Grounds

These are the ones I have chosen to post of the first day.

:banghead: can't get photobucket images here. I'll check it tonight @ home. I'm sure their good photos. I'll play some music for now.

:band:

wow, love the shot of St Mary's Church (arches) - #6 I think. the symmetry and perspective are outstanding. the second one is an interesting shot too, the pub-front :thumbup:.

i keep going back to the photo inside that church, i can't stop looking at it, i think i will have to give you one of these little guys.... :hail:

;)

those are excellent shots, the saffron hotel front door shot and the stained glass window in saint marys church are my favorites. I took a shot of that one in black and white but im still waiting for the prints. Hopefully il get it before this thread expires.

I hope we do another meet up for this autumn, i love the color of trees during that season.

All the best. :D

hmmm do you know Corinna that most of my pictures look exactly the same?!?! :D funny though... but I'll find something different :)

london_266b.jpg

Do you remember this one Corinna? :)
london_317.jpg

Something's wrong with this building.. the botom line is exactly horizontal, while the rest is werid...
london_275.jpg

and that's all from my artsy-Saffron-pictures :)

buahahahahahahahhahahahaha o lol.... you crashed me right now :p buahahaha I didn't expect that :p:p:p:p:p:p:p You rock Tony :)

I think I took a photo of that same house, too! A little different from these but the same house! Were you as fascinated by the colourful, patterned walls? Hertz told me the English word for these patterns or wall ornaments, but only Christiane jotted it down into her little note book, and that is now 3-hours-drive further south --- and the word has all disappeared from my old, rusty memory. Duh!:meh:
Shall I go look for my photo?

This is my version of the blue house, and a collage of the pink and white house - as you can see in Tempra's photo, those were to the left and the right of the blue.

blauesHaus.jpg

Trencollage.jpg

heh those are really nice Corinna... and yeah... I knew this word too... Graham... where are you? Could you help us???!??!

mentos_007 said:
Do you remember this one Corinna? :)
london_317.jpg

Oh, I forgot to say: of course I remember this plaque, Mentos, isn't it ever so silly and funny to put something up like this???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Others must have some photos of buildings and places, too! I know that Royster went for a stroll around the market, for exampe... oh, and I have undug a photo that I took at the market, just this one:

Wurst.jpg

Most reactions

Back