Thoughts, Reviews and Knowledge on Velvet 56?

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seeking info from you in the know on the Velvet series. I am seriously considering buying one very soon before we visit the new grandson. Everything I have read on the Lensbaby site is good, but I wanted opinions from the gracious members here. Thanks in advance for your input.

Just got mine recently. So far I love it for flowers. Haven’t had a chance to use it for anything else yet with the cold weather and grey landscapes we have right now. Going to try it with portraits this weekend.

It’s super sharp if you stop down. Has a nice soft glow in the center when wide open. Nice smooth focus ring with (not sure of the technical term) a lot of range (?) to get close or further away. Aperture ring makes it easy to switch it up. I shoot Fuji but bought a used Nikon version because it was a steal. Works great with the adapter and with an extension tube.

I think you saw my recent thread. Here are a few that I took that I don’t think I posted here on TPF. Some are sooc so excuse the lack of editing but you can see how it blurs the background and the glow I mentioned.

E0B8F2CD-964D-4D69-9131-D14900C30D97.jpeg
6B6D4888-C3EE-40CC-A7CE-090624E44036.jpeg
3E77A147-7298-425C-A12D-BE59EC542B3D.jpeg
5C02A4CD-A553-4394-ADA9-708FDA0C20DC.jpeg

Buy it in Nikon F mount, and it can easily be adapted to a Canon or other mount camera with a simple adapter! (multiple-model Lensbaby owner speaking here from experience...). Do not buy this as a Canon-EF mount lens!

Oh no. Why may I ask? I saw one for quite a bit less and was afraid it would get away.

Most reactions

Back