Themed Art Challenge

Theme: Distraction.

Distraction 2.jpg

I made this graphite sketch shortly after @snowbear announced the theme, but didn't get around to starting it until a few days ago.

Distraction wip sketch.jpg

I changed the ceiling and exaggerated the drafting table to make everything seem off-kilter. Since this theme is about distraction during shelter-in-place confinement for a global pandemic, I figured the more wacky it looked the better. :lol:

Sorry - been busy.

How about a June + July - SUMMER!!!

June + July - SUMMER!!!

Here is my effort. I took one of the photos I found for those graphite drawings, and used it as a reference for this one, too.

Just a cell phone photo of me on my back deck - this is the open area off the screened in porch, which is behind me in the picture:

SP on the porch, resized.jpg

So that's my ref photo for the painting. I changed quite a bit: from vertical to horizontal, from sitting outside to inside, from white wine to red, since that's my usual adult beverage. :lol: And I couldn't be bothered to mess with the railings.

"Summer!"

Summer.jpg

The best thing for me about this one is that it's given me other ideas. :biggrinangelA:

Well, we missed most of August but let's go through September with 'scapes: landscapes, seascapes, or cityscapes.

Last edited:
ooo! Okay, that gives a wide range. How about escape, too? :lol: From general madness.

I have just the landscape in mind!

I'm looking through my photos - I have a couple possibilities.

Here's my landscape effort for this theme. I haven't done one in months. My focus on this one was trying to get a long, deep distance. Not crazy about the foreground, but am satisfied with the distance effort. I feel a bit rusty with landscapes now, after all my recent focus on portraits. :lol:

Landscape with flowers and sea.jpg

Most reactions

Back