The Coffee House

"Ripley"on Netflix. An enhanced multi-episode version of the 1999 film adaptation of Highsmith's "The Talented Mr. Ripley." Stunning b&w cinematography. Classic Italian architecture. Solid performances.
Binge-worthy Score: 10+
In my NF Q.
Last year I found "Ripley's Game" with John Malkovich on VHS. Not a bad adaption from the 1974 novel.

Wooooo!!! Good evening Hosers! Decided to try my hand at chicken piccata tonight... Wooooo! When the minced shallots and garlic hit that hot butter and olive oil... Wooooo! The fragrance did rise unto the heavens and the angels did sing their praise! It turned out fantastic and the family was absolutely happy with the meal they were presented with.

Wooooo!!! Good evening Hosers! Decided to try my hand at chicken piccata tonight... Wooooo! When the minced shallots and garlic hit that hot butter and olive oil... Wooooo! The fragrance did rise unto the heavens and the angels did sing their praise! It turned out fantastic and the family was absolutely happy with the meal they were presented with.
I gather dinner was tasty & delicious then, full bellys are good👍.

That sounds like a great start to the weekend!

Taking the kayak out tomorrow, do a cook up on gas bbq out there too. So fishing, photography and eating🤪
Have fun - we expect to see the pictures later!

Have you tried to blacken any fish? Not something to do indoors without a good exhaust hood. Yes, I speak from experience.

Have you tried to blacken any fish? Not something to do indoors without a good exhaust hood. Yes, I speak from experience.
I've blackened plenty of things on the stove over the years... 😂 With my love of hot peppers, I have learned the hard way that dumping a cup of chopped Hatch green chilies into a hot pan can be akin to experiencing CS gas, which I was required to experience in the military. I have not tried real blackened fish, though. I don't currently own any cast iron, which I plan to remedy (I do have a cast iron griddle and a giant paella pan), and ceramic coated pans are not suited to those high temperatures.

When I was working shifts, one night I was talking with the Police Communications shift SGT about food, I mentioned having one of Paul Prudhomme's books and the conversation went to blackened redfish. We hit on the deal that he would get the stuff and I'd cook on the next round of nights. Honestly, I didn't know what a redfish was (it's a red drum). Directions start "place cast iron skillet on high heat until a fine white ash appears." Cooking with electric, it didn't get anywhere near that hot, but after rubbing the filets in spices and tossing in the butter, I popped the fish in. AFter a couple mintes on each side, I had black fish. The inside, much to our pleasure, was white and flaky.

Unfortunately, Police Teletype was next to the kitchen The smoke went right into their room. This was a Friday night. Monday, the big boss was asking who burned what. Fun times.

Hi all, it’s 2144 BST here so late evening for me. Just decided to pop in and say HIYA
I hope to finish a project that has been going on for a few months this w/e.
I even took time out from it to clear the work shop and tidy up a bit. All those. “ it may be useful bit of wood that have been left over had been put in a bin ready for the log burner... but still there in case I need it lol.
what was meant to be a “simple” test fit turned out to be a right P,I,A and took most of the time I had free today inc the few hours that I had earmarked for photography. Oh well,
ANYWAY how is everyone today? Have a good W/e

Howdy Folks! Today was a busy day. Tomorrow is our Daniel's birthday, he would have been 32, so today we went to one of his favorite parks and played 18 holes of frisbee golf. I didn't take my camera, but that didn't stop me from finding an opportunity and taking a quick iPhone photo. After the park, I went to one of the big box store nurseries and loaded up on petunias and some other plants for the back patio and spent the rest of the day occupied with planting them in various pots. This lone Meadow Salsify (chickory family) caught my attention.
Untitled by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Have fun - we expect to see the pictures later!
Was a good day, forgot the dam frying pan so had to MacGyver the situation and sacrifice a stainless steel plate to cook everything on instead 🤣. Tasted brilliant!

Just crappy phone shots here,
20240414_133724.jpg

20240414_140445.jpg

IMG_20240415_083428.jpg

IMG_20240415_084857.jpg

Not much to photograph out there and i dont take the camera out on the kayak because the world gets a little wobbly when i loose sight of the horizon while looking into the view finder.

A pair of out rigger stabilises would fix this issue, then i dont have to worry about ever flipping over and losing it in the depths.

2 humans dogs out there, shared some snag and burger with the black and white one...
IMG_20240415_074327.jpg

The sausage dog,
IMG_20240415_081230.jpg

So heading outta town, i framed the car to the left and used the diagonal road markings and the power lines to draw the eye in from left to right. How's this look?
IMG_20240415_085216.jpg

Ps. There's a secret image "on" the car somewhere too🤪...

Last edited:
Was a good day, forgot the dam frying pan so had to MacGyver the situation and sacrifice a stainless steel plate to cook everything on instead 🤣. Tasted brilliant!

Just crappy phone shots here,
View attachment 273879
View attachment 273880
View attachment 273884
View attachment 273886

Not much to photograph out there and i dont take the camera out on the kayak because the world gets a little wobbly when i loose sight of the horizon while looking into the view finder.

A pair of out rigger stabilises would fix this issue, then i dont have to worry about ever flipping over and losing it in the depths.

2 humans dogs out there, shared some snag and burger with the black and white one...
View attachment 273881

The sausage dog,
View attachment 273882

So heading outta town, i framed the car to the left and used the diagonal road markings and the power lines to draw the eye in from left to right. How's this look?
View attachment 273888

Ps. There's a secret image "on" the car somewhere too🤪...
Looks like you had a wonderful time! Ingenuity saves the day! Hmmmm... where can I get a koala license plate? 😂

Most reactions

New Topics

Back