The Coffee House

Good afternoon folks! After hemming and hawing as to whether it would be worth it, I got a screw mount to EF adapter so that I could see what sort of shots I can get with the Soviet Helios 44-M F2 58mm lens I've had in drawer. I put my official first shot in the Dogs thread. I think I'm going to like this lens.

This is the view outside my front window today, hosers:

march morning snow.jpg

I really wanted the weather prediction to be wrong. Something about a clipper system.

The good news is that it will be near 60F degrees by Monday, with rain on Tuesday. All this will be washed away, leaving nothing but mush in the back yard.

Happy early Spring! 🥀 <-- Note the wilt on this flower. :lol:

Happy Friday, hosers! I'm sure the sun is shining somewhere, and it's a glorious bright day. :icon_sunny:

Beautiful, but brrrrrrr! No sun here, chilly and wet today. Weekend will be chilly, and the yard is muddy. Floor were mopped today, and the first thing the dogs did was to go outside and get muddy paws... :icon_rolleyes:

Beautiful, but brrrrrrr! No sun here, chilly and wet today. Weekend will be chilly, and the yard is muddy. Floor were mopped today, and the first thing the dogs did was to go outside and get muddy paws... :icon_rolleyes:
never ending battle with the spring rain and muddy paws

I ordered two steel free standing privacy screens. Good thing we have a dolly. Husband wrangled the boxes to the patio. Each one has 3 panels in a leaf design. Heavy! Secured all 80+ nuts and bolts.

Snow squalls streaming off Lake Huron this evening. Got some cheesy flame stickers for the snow blower. Might do the semi-annual street snow dig-out/blow-out+driveway low-key BBQ+drink-a-thon. Nothing beats a little well-lubricated community-building, eh? Note: still working on an authentic Ontario "eh?" to "pass" as a native.

Wife's birthday today, and our #39 tomorrow. Got her some nice mums that I've posted pics of in General. Making her baked salmon with a olive oil, lemon, garlic, onion, dill glaze, tiny buttered pearl potatoes, and green beans. Eclairs for dessert. Tomorrow for breakfast is berry and whipped cream filled crepes. Sun came out this afternoon. Sipping on a New Belgium Trippel ale. Should be a nice evening.

This is the view outside my front window today, hosers:

View attachment 272783

I really wanted the weather prediction to be wrong. Something about a clipper system.

The good news is that it will be near 60F degrees by Monday, with rain on Tuesday. All this will be washed away, leaving nothing but mush in the back yard.

Happy early Spring! 🥀 <-- Note the wilt on this flower. :lol:

Happy Friday, hosers! I'm sure the sun is shining somewhere, and it's a glorious bright day. :icon_sunny:
I feel your pain. Waiting for the city plow to lay up 3ft at the end of the driveway overnite.

Anyone watch the new series on Hulu and Disney+ "Photographer"
Was that the one that did the time lapse on a chicken embryo?

Was that the one that did the time lapse on a chicken embryo?
I don't know. We watched the first episode last night profiling a couple that met at Nat Geo and have traveled the world. Very good! Looking forward to the other 5 episodes.

Last evening the heavy winds rolled in and toppled the 2 privacy screens. Today they will get zip tied to the fence. These are heavy galvanized about 60 lbs.

Morning y'all. Rain yesterday giving way to clear sky's today. Lil'Bit on her way over, going to take her to community Easter egg hunt today, tomorrow Church.

In other news, crossed a new milestone this morning when I stepped on the scale I've officially lost 44lbs since November. I increased my calorie count a couple weeks ago which has slowed the slide, might be time to bump a little more. Even better side effect, I've come off 4 medications (3 blood pressure and Cholesterol).

Most reactions

Back