Tethering In Lr

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a few months since I had a need to tether, but I don't recall this problem before. For some reason Lr is automatically creating a duplicate with a new shot number in my catalog. Searched through settings but can't find out how to turn it off? Help??

Disregard the picture, just a snap to show what's happening. Camera connected via tether to LR. When I snap a shot there is only one image written to the SD card. After just a few seconds the image on the left comes up in the Lr library window as image #27, 06/16/2019, 2:39:12 PM. A few seconds later the image on the right appears as image #28, 06/16/19, 2:39:12 PM. Both files are the identical same size, both files have the exact same settings???????? I've searched the internet and the settings within Lr, but can't find anything to lead me in the right direction. FYI both copies in Lr can be edited independently or will synch editing?? I'm really at a loss.
Capture.JPG

Are they both same file ex I save raw and jpg is lr doing that as said I have limited experience with lr

I'd see what mine does but I didn't bring the cable with me. I looked at my settings (I don't tether much) and on the import to . . . I do not have "Add to Collection" selected. No idea, really.

I'd see what mine does but I didn't bring the cable with me. I looked at my settings (I don't tether much) and on the import to . . . I do not have "Add to Collection" selected. No idea, really.

I don't have that checked either, just have it set to load to a specific folder. Can't find anything on Adobe either.

If you don't get an answer by Monday night, I'll try to get mine to do it when I get home.

If you don't get an answer by Monday night, I'll try to get mine to do it when I get home.

Thanks, it has me scratching my head

Could it be that you are tethered and have the automatically pulling in the files from the card too?

I have auto import turned off, but there's an automatic option for file handling in windows, I need to check that.

Smoke hi just sent pm I tried for you. Its 2330 BST here I have been at this since the scocer aid football match finished. Night all

@ronlane I was really hoping you had hit on something, but no winner. Went into windows, and changed it to take no action when it detected the camera, and it's still doing it.

Little more digging on the Adobe site, and it appears that it is also an unresolved issue with the 5DIV. Adobe says it's Canon's plug in. :icon_pissedoff:

hmm, hate to hear that. I am testing Capture 1 for tethering. I have about 19 more days and am liking it. I may be using it for that type of stuff in the future.

@snowbear in reading further on Pentax support I may need to do a firmware update on the camera as there's mention of updates to the tether plug in.

Most reactions

Back