Suggestion.....have a separate subForum for "Weekly challenge"

Would you visit and post in this forum if the "Weekly challenge" threads were elseswhere?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Don't understand your question

• Poorly worded polls like this need to be proofread better by the author

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philmar

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I find I don't post as often in this forum anymore. Scrolling through this gallery isn't much fun as I have to search for the thread I want among several "Weekly challenge" threads. It is my opinion that I'd peruse and post in the Photo Theme gallery more often if it was easier to navigate and find specific threads. There are too many "Weekly challenge" threads in this forum.
Perhaps the "Weekly challenge" threads deserve a sub-forum like there is for The Dark Side and the Lensbaby Place?
Or maybe the "Weekly challenge" threads deserve it's own separate Forum outside of Photo Themes, perhaps in the TPF Photo Contests section? Maybe more people would see the weekly challenges if they weren't buried here and had their own forum.

Last edited:
I think a separate sub-forum for the weekly challenge would be a good idea

I agree with Derrel, but didn't vote in the poll as it seemed a different answer.

I agree with Derrel, but didn't vote in the poll as it seemed a different answer.

Yeah, I see my proofreading skills have diminished...and I can't edit that part of the poll. But I was able to add a 4th answer...which I promptly selected.:BangHead::BangHead:

I find I don't post as often in this forum anymore. Scrolling through this gallery isn't much fun as I have to search for the thread I want among several "Weekly challenge" threads. It is my opinion that I'd peruse and post in the Photo Theme gallery more often if it was easier to navigate and find specific threads. There are too many "Weekly challenge" threads in this forum.
Perhaps the "Weekly challenge" threads deserve a sub-forum like there is for The Dark Side and the Lensbaby Place?
Or maybe the "Weekly challenge" threads deserve it's own separate Forum outside of Photo Themes, perhaps in the TPF Photo Contests section? Maybe more people would see the weekly challenges if they weren't buried here and had their own forum.
Got it! Good idea.

Yes! I agree.

Sí, estoy de acuerdo y creo que ayudaría a hacer referencia a él también.

I normally look through the active topics section until it comes up to the top because someone has posted, I did not know there was a direct route, still don’t know how to find it. For me it would have to be listed in the same way as say canon cameras. But I am just a fossil asa iso, f stops and shutter speed I understand. My I pad and forums..... er lost again

I normally look through the active topics section until it comes up to the top because someone has posted, I did not know there was a direct route, still don’t know how to find it. For me it would have to be listed in the same way as say canon cameras. But I am just a fossil asa iso, f stops and shutter speed I understand. My I pad and forums..... er lost again

So I'm guessing I should change my signature;)

Phil, you are right. I just spent quite some time searching for one of the weekly challenges, and I almost gave up on that!

Neat sig,I will have to try and rem how to get there

I like this suggestion. Not sure how to make that happen. The reason they were put in photo themes was because people had asked about adding to the challenge threads after the week was up. The idea was that once the weekly challenge was over then that subject would become a photo theme.

Ah learn more each day I thought they closed after the week

While I have seen some of the weekly challenges become active themes, some of the challenges are duplicated in the themes section (The Color Green, for example)

If the weeklies were in a sub-forum within the themes section, it would be much easier to search through the weeklies, and the themes.

The more I think about it, the more I like Phil's idea.

I have always thought the photo theme section was rather cumbersome. It is definitely 10 times worse since the weekly challenge. I like the weekly challenge but it warrants it's own section.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back