Some Eclipse Shots

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I visited a friend who lives in Round Rock TX. Tickets to Austin on Delta were ~$1100 4 months ago from Atlanta! So I miraculously made it there, and we drove to the center line, on an old one-lane country road. That part was smooth I guess, but it was 90%+ overcast. I managed to get a few shots before totality through holes in the clouds but as the time approached, a huge area of dark clouds arrived! Doom set in, lol. And then, maybe 3 minutes before totality, the clouds opened up, and there was the Sun! Still a bit hazy, but this lasted the entire 4+ minutes! So here's a few hand-held shots with a long lens.

Last edited:
We've been hearing about how overcast it stayed in Texas - at least you were able to enjoy the finale! These turned out great! Glad you were able to go and have such fun with it. :)

Reactions: pez
Great shots! Like the sun flares

Nicely captured

We've been hearing about how overcast it stayed in Texas - at least you were able to enjoy the finale! These turned out great! Glad you were able to go and have such fun with it. :)
Nicely captured

Great shots! Like the sun flares
Take a moment to consider that those solar flares jumping off the surface of the Sun are large enough to envelop the Earth...
Very well done!
Thanks, everyone!

How awesome! I was about an hour from you and the clouds rolled in, no joke, a minute before totality, blocking our view 😭

Love these photos!

How awesome! I was about an hour from you and the clouds rolled in, no joke, a minute before totality, blocking our view 😭

Love these photos!
Thanks so much! Oh no! That's exactly what I thought was happening to us. So sorry about the Cloud Gods.

For this eclipse, I ordered 6 pairs of nice eclipse glasses months ago (the source only sold them in lots of 6). So I packed all of them for the trip. As we were sitting on the side of the narrow rural road waiting for the eclipse, a couple stopped their car next to us on the road, and the woman rolled down the window and introduced herself. They were there for the eclipse from New Zealand. She asked whether we "might have a spare pair of eclipse glasses"
lol.png
lol.png
I said, "Let me see what I can do", and handed two pairs of individually packaged glasses to them. Hahaha, that made my day!
cool.png

I'll pay you the highest compliment I can think of by saying I am so envious that you had the opportunity to experience that event and to add insult to injury your images are top notch to boot. Great job!

Love these photos!
Oh no! In S.E. Oklahoma we had the exact same fear but lucked out!

Most reactions

Back