Software that compensates for different lenses..

Eric Uberseder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there any software that is reasonable in cost(less than $150) that will do auto adjustments to compensate for the weaknesses of various lenses?

Sorry if this question has already been answered.

What camera?

Yes. Adobe corporation's Lightroom offers lens Corrections that correct automatically for a wide range of popular lenses from many manufacturers. Users can also design their own pre-sets, allowing them one-click correction of things like distortion and lens vignetting.

Yes. Adobe corporation's Lightroom offers lens Corrections that correct automatically for a wide range of popular lenses from many manufacturers. Users can also design their own pre-sets, allowing them one-click correction of things like distortion and lens vignetting.

Yeah...except you can’t buy Lightroom anymore. You have to buy a subscription to Lightroom. How about some program for a Mac that does that, that can be purchased and that you can decide whether you want the update or not. I wish Apple had continued to support APERTURE. I’m using standard Canon Lenses, one of which is an “L” tele.

Can you still get older versions of Elements?
I don't recall which version I have, it was already outdated when I bought it but it came with the disk.

They have a new flat-field image correction tool that allows you to take a diffused reference photo and perform fall-off and tonal corrections based off your actual lens.

I only see this being helpful in studio/landscape shots where the camera is on a tripod and the scene doesn't change at all.

about 3min into the video:

the new texture tool is awesome.

Canon have there own free software for lens correction I think it’s part of the EOS utility pack that came with the camera or you can down load older versions for newer version you have to enter the Sn of your camera. Eg canon 70D
Serial number then you can get a later version

Yes... I know about Canon. Unfortunately this is for people who buy a new camera, where a DVD comes with the camera. I tried to DL it for my Canon 50D but its too old for them to accept. I’m about to upgrade to a 6D(the first version actually has better images than the II). I doubt that MPG or KEH is going to give me a disc with it.

Go to canon site and dl for me it’s canon home uk
So far as I can see you don’t heed camera SN for the older version I have both older version and the newer one I just updated my older version to add some l glass
I see that you are non uk so it could be different for you.

There's also a reason they gave it away for free...

Most reactions

Back