Small birds and low light!

Digger...

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Entry gear dont do to well in low light, think its time to save for a decent camera...

White-throated Treecreeper,
IMG_20240520_063154.jpg

Grey Fantail,
IMG_20240520_064943.jpg

What are you currently using?
The AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1:5.6E ED lens is on a D5600, and the only macro lens i have is the Nikon Micro AF-S DX 40mm f/2.8G.

The other 2 lenses are the kit lenses.

The AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1:5.6E ED lens is on a D5600, and the only macro lens i have is the Nikon Micro AF-S DX 40mm f/2.8G.

The other 2 lenses are the kit lenses.

Is that macro a 1:1 reproduction ratio?

What new gear do you have in mind?

Looking good to me!

Is that macro a 1:1 reproduction ratio?
It says it is but since im only on a APS-C sized sensor, it doesn't really matter yeah? Im still trying to comprehend all this camera talk, most of it go's above my head trying to fathom some of it.

What new gear do you have in mind?
Will have to be a Nikon because I still want to used the $2000 telephoto lens i just bought last year.

The Z7II 40MP would be awesome and that would see me out the rest of my years...Would take me a few years to save for that though.

That's an APSC lens, so full frame equivalent focal length is 60mm. If it says 1:1 then that is what you get. You'd be absolutely right up on an insect with that one! There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get solid macro images with it. 😃

Definitely makes sense for you then. I love the saying 'Date your camera body, marry your lenses'... 😄

Most reactions

Back